ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So confused arghhhhhh!!!!!! suspension 182?

Why is it that company's related to this site advertise on there sites, group buys etc that the non cupped 182 is the same fitment as the 172's?????

Why is it that Ive gone to another company related to this sight to have some 172/non cup 182 shocks fitted they say they do not fit the non cupped 182 that the angle of the bolt holes is different, which they did show me????????

I own a non cupped 182 and want shocks for my car. Everything advertised is for
1. 172/non cupped 182, or;
2. 182 cup......

Ive been told that theres about 3mm different between the angle of the holes on the non cupped 182 to 172.......... So obviously once fitted camber/castor or whatever it is??? wont measure up correctly???

Hi Fred spoke to you at FCS you was gonna look into it for me any joy??

I have absolutley no reason to doubt the company who have tried this for me they own both 172's and non cupped 182's....??????

Can some one please shed some light onto this issue!!!!

Cheers
Rob.

I'm 99.9999% sure 172 stuff will fit the 182 none CUped cars infact i know of a few 182 (none Cuped) running 172 H and R's without issue.

3mm difference though no idea what they mean do they mean 6mm as Cuped cars have 60mm hubs dimention and none Cuped/172 have 54mm

Lionel Richie
as i said at the show mate, i only know "the rumors"

MATT BLACK says the part numbers for the 182 non cup and 172 hubs are the same (i think)

can you confirm Matt??

Hi edde the non cupped 182 and the 172 are 58mm bolt spacing. Now I know that the shocks will fit but because of that extra angle (2.5 to 3mm) of the bolt holes once fitted the shock will be more at an angle so the camber wont line up properly.
Now this can be resolved with camber correction bolts but this particular company would rather it bolt straight on at the correct angle and get it set up (tracking) without the aid of the bolts?? Which in a way does make sense surely it would be better to do it the right way rather than adding bolts??

more advice please!

Rob.

Hi Fred they had some measuring tool to measure it all before fitting and from what they showed me there was a slight difference in angle!
Hope im making sense??
That was for Koni shocks btw Eibach pro dampers dont fit coz the bolt holes are too small...