ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So, I'm thinking of buying a 182

Black Gold Trophy
Thanks for the link Sir Dave. I think the car has been tinkered with a little to much for my taste with the black alloys and rear bench removed. The mileage is a little high for a Clio with a £6000 asking price and the bodywork is damaged and needs repairing. If it had less miles, mint body work, standard alloys etc and about £700 less I would be tempted.

:D
This is my girlfriends car.
Tinkered with a little too much? None of the modifications are irreversable?
If you read the advert you'll see the rear bench is included in the sale and can be refitted for the potential buyer and you could easily sell the black wheels and get a set of anthracite ones and have change left over.
The mileage is about average of a car of this age (60k / 5 years old = 12k a year).
There is a TINY dent on the passengers side door, it is so insignificant you cant even see it in the pictures!

It may be £6k but it's got all of the rarest and sought after parts such as the Recaros, Trophy suspension (only 500 units sold in UK), Trophy/V6 rear spoiler and it has Xenons, Full fat carpet and full fat steering wheel.
You've essentially got a trophy there in the best 182 colour and with all the luxuries like xenons and decent carpet.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
your better off taking it back to standard, selling it for low 4's which is what its worth, seliing the seats for around NET 600 after fitting the standard poverty seats, & the susp net £350 after sourcing cup pack susp & fitting it-
should get close to 5.3k ish that way-

I doubt someone will pay 5.3k as is for a molested cup-

S

Golf MK5 TDI
This is my girlfriends car.
Tinkered with a little too much? None of the modifications are irreversable?
If you read the advert you'll see the rear bench is included in the sale and can be refitted for the potential buyer and you could easily sell the black wheels and get a set of anthracite ones and have change left over.
The mileage is about average of a car of this age (60k / 5 years old = 12k a year).
There is a TINY dent on the passengers side door, it is so insignificant you cant even see it in the pictures!

It may be £6k but it's got all of the rarest and sought after parts such as the Recaros, Trophy suspension (only 500 units sold in UK), Trophy/V6 rear spoiler and it has Xenons, Full fat carpet and full fat steering wheel.
You've essentially got a trophy there in the best 182 colour and with all the luxuries like xenons and decent carpet.

I'm sorry if my comments came across as negative about the car. I was just saying the car isn't for me. It's a lovely motor just not what I'm looking for. I don't want to pay a premium for modifications I don't want or the hassle of selling modified parts to put a car back to standard. Im hoping to buy a standard low mileage FF Clio with both cup packs FSH cambelt done for around £5000 give or take £250. Recaro's would be fantastic but sounds unlikely.

your better off taking it back to standard, selling it for low 4's which is what its worth, seliing the seats for around NET 600 after fitting the standard poverty seats, & the susp net £350 after sourcing cup pack susp & fitting it-
should get close to 5.3k ish that way-

I doubt someone will pay 5.3k as is for a molested cup-

S

I'd be inclined the agree with this, the fact of the matter is deep down it is still a cup. As said, best to sell parts off individually, rather than potential buyers being put off by having to do this themsevles..

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
I'd be inclined the agree with this, the fact of the matter is deep down it is still a cup. As said, best to sell parts off individually, rather than potential buyers being put off by having to do this themsevles..

If i've put the car up like that then the potential buyers would be potentially interested in the car as it is?

There's no harm in having a stab at selling it as it is right now. Someone, like the OP, may be looking for something like it - no one has bothered to come and personally ask me though whether there's a movement on the price or anything, just speculated that it's this and it's that and cups are crap.
Of course, opinion is your own but don't take the opportunity to tear my car to pieces just because someone has kindly put up a link as it was what the OP was kinda looking for - it's not what he wants, end of...there's no need for unneccesary comments.

Good luck with finding your car OP :)

Black Gold Trophy

Well deep down it is a Cup, yes you're right.
However it has most of the items which bring it up to FF spec eg: xenons, RS sill trims, FF carpet, FF steering wheel, Engine cover.
Aside from that it also has Trophy suspension, spoiler and recaros. Which are essentially the only items which differentiate a Trophy from a Cup.
It's a bit like saying "deep down a Trophy is still a Clio" Yeah it is still a Clio, but it's a f*** load better than a 1.2!

So forgive me for making the assumption that this is a pretty decent all round package and potential buyers may want to keep it the way it is.

I could understand if it had a chavvy bodykit and lexus lights etc, then I would assume the buyer would automatically want to remove them.
However this is a car that has been tastefully and subtly modified, mainly with OEM parts, therefore I thought it was worth putting it on the market as it was and hoping there might be someone bright enough to realise what a great combination of parts are on this car.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
around 6k- although you need to review owners etc recaros add around 500

S

Golf MK5 TDI
I've just emailed the seller for a bit more info including number of owners an what not. Personally I was thinking the car is worth around £5500-£5700 but maybe that's wishful thinking. It's in Dorset too which is a bit of a trek from me in Manchester.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
If i knew what i now know i would probably have bought a 172 cup over a 182, i only turn the aircon on maybe once a year when im stuck on the motor way in mid summer and the servicing costs of a cup look very tempting!!

You can buy a 172cup with Climate control/aircon. Mine has it.

Dan if you are gonna spend that much. Get a Trophy.

Residuals will be far far far better.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I've just emailed the seller for a bit more info including number of owners an what not. Personally I was thinking the car is worth around £5500-£5700 but maybe that's wishful thinking. It's in Dorset too which is a bit of a trek from me in Manchester.

Its an '04. Id pay an absolute max of £4.5k for it personally.

With the money you have, just buy a Trophy. They are better.

Speaking from experience as well, ive had a RB 182 (cup packed), 172 Cup, & 2 x Trophies.

Black Gold Trophy
Well I have found a car which ticks all the boxes but it's very overpriced (in my opinion) which is a shame. How much would you say this car is worth?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2092114.htm

This is the problem with the used car market, everyone wants something for nothing!

Only 3 cars in the country came in this colour with recaros! Plus this one has done lesss than average mileage!
You can buy shitters for £4000 or less, but if you want a decent one you have to pay a bit more for it, simples!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
May I just interject to say...... Amy.....

Nice babbles

profilepic39737_9.gif

:cool:

RenaultSport clio 182
i've got a black 2004 FF 182 with 36k on the clock which I'm looking to sell in the next couple of months. I'm the second owner, I bought it from a friend when it was two years old. It's got both cup packs and is immaculate throughout. Cambelt was done last Sept and car is taxed, serviced and MOT'd until next June. Im looking for £4600ish. PM me if your interested in viewing.
Tony
PS. I live near Stockport.

Golf MK5 TDI
i've got a black 2004 FF 182 with 36k on the clock which I'm looking to sell in the next couple of months. I'm the second owner, I bought it from a friend when it was two years old. It's got both cup packs and is immaculate throughout. Cambelt was done last Sept and car is taxed, serviced and MOT'd until next June. Im looking for £4600ish. PM me if your interested in viewing.
Tony
PS. I live near Stockport.

Could well be interested mate. PM me some photos and more info like service history, condition if you would please? Where were the belts done and do you have the receipt for the work?

Dan

200 FF Storm Grey
Well I have found a car which ticks all the boxes but it's very overpriced (in my opinion) which is a shame. How much would you say this car is worth?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2092114.htm

You won't find a car like that again any time soon, I personally think you'd be a fool to not buy that car if you're in the market for one at the moment.

Best colour.
Best seats.
CD Multi changer.
All the full fat toys.
Milltek exhaust.
Low mileage and all the service with it

Golf MK5 TDI
You won't find a car like that again any time soon, I personally think you'd be a fool to not buy that car if you're in the market for one at the moment.

Best colour.
Best seats.
CD Multi changer.
All the full fat toys.
Milltek exhaust.
Low mileage and all the service with it

I agree it not very often a car like this comes up but I still think it's priced very highly. Is it worth more than a trophy? You can buy a 182 with FSH and 40k miles for £4500 easy. Its a great car and worth more than a standard 182 because of the recaros. The milltek and the 6CD are things that I'm not interested in anyway so in finding it hard to justify paying anywhere near the £6500 asking price. I would pay £5500 for it because it's low mileage, has recaro's and is racing blue, which is a high price for 2004 182 IMO. I really like it but it very overpriced.

It's not your car is it? :D

RenaultSport clio 182
Could well be interested mate. PM me some photos and more info like service history, condition if you would please? Where were the belts done and do you have the receipt for the work?

Dan

Ok will do tomorrow. Needs a quick wash before I take pictures! I'll PM other details tomorrow.

200 FF Storm Grey
I agree it not very often a car like this comes up but I still think it's priced very highly. Is it worth more than a trophy? You can buy a 182 with FSH and 40k miles for £4500 easy. Its a great car and worth more than a standard 182 because of the recaros. The milltek and the 6CD are things that I'm not interested in anyway so in finding it hard to justify paying anywhere near the £6500 asking price. I would pay £5500 for it because it's low mileage, has recaro's and is racing blue, which is a high price for 2004 182 IMO. I really like it but it very overpriced.

It's not your car is it? :D

News to me if you can!