ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So I've gone Volkswagen

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I said hi again last night in Clio media as I've bin off the forum for a while.
While I was away I think I banged my head a little as I sold one of the Clio's to get a stupid Abarth 500 for the ex.

When we went out separate ways I had to keep the Abarth as I was paying for it. So I rang my friend at vw to see if he had any r32's in stock to part ex it. Well he didn't so I was a little sad but I ended up putting deposit's down on two golf's that weren't released yet and told him to keep his eye out for a r32 mk4 or mk5 but hopefully a mk4 just not blue or black!!

A few months later I get a phone call a 70 year old man has walked into the garage with a silver 5 door mk4 with grey seats. He was the first and only owner and he had only covered 61k in it. He wanted to part ex it for a mk7 r so I told him if you could do the deal
I'd take the mk4. A hour later I got the phone call to say it was done. That was a Monday Friday when I finished work I went and picked up the r32.

08a68831213ab80c1e2f20e3aa492b6c.jpg

9a5947be471b633d80084719d7446053.jpg

I've not got loads of photos of it as most are on my other phone but I thought I'd share a couples
It'll more than likely have a few extras going on it this spring and I've had it a year now and I've just wanted to enjoy it for what it was.

So in June 2016 I had a phone call to expect delivery of one of the other cars that was on order for around
November/December

But I was mad busy so it had to wait till
Christmas Eve to pick the next one up. The mk7 golf gti clubsport s I felt really lucky to be able to get this and really didn't know what to expect but it's amazing and a utter bargain in my eyes.

8ba4e48ab45bedfb5f6a0616ee19629b.jpg

0521a497895f6c56b1d98cf4f1cde250.jpg

01da8b5ee3cd9e2e1c8c38116f601961.jpg

4f92dcb8274be546d9d9f172256ae6fe.jpg

71a12071f5a2a9390b07ead04a9aac63.jpg

00ba2650aa63378bd74e51d9a25b3c7a.jpg

Only driven it a couple of times but had a little trip to see @aucky in it with his R and he took these.

c9bcaf1a63bf94ee7c7c616707c2ad0f.jpg

72808ca66a76b339de10ad2a11a29870.jpg

8870e8be922a60a1080cd397f24cab66.jpg
a03c0f7228183bf168f133af265eea9f.jpg

412b832f14a0af4500a7021f74df75fb.jpg

Still got the v6 Clio and that won't be going anywhere in the spring I'll pull them all out of
The garage for some proper photos. Hope you guys like the photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That's a very nice collection you have. Plenty of boot space in the Clubsport S :cool:

cs baller!

Really like the clubsports was looking in Bolton VW the other week, serious motor for the money

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I'd really love to go in a Clubsport S, would be very interesting to see what it is like.

Nice collection.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely, very nice cars.

However someone is selling one on car and classic for, *rolls eyes*; sixty thousand pounds.

Crystal meth, he's on crystal meth.

He is for selling it, or the person that buys it for that.....

Cant blame him if he gets that for it, as we would all do it, would we not

The clubsport looks an awesome bit of kit, really does, but i'm staying in the R32 camp lol, that sounds a cracking find!! One mature owner from new and low miles too!! VERY nice! :cool:

I spotted the Abarth lurking in the back of one of the photos, still got that as well!?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
That clubsport looks miles better than the mk7 R's

Really? I don't think so I don't like where
It says clubsport s? I think the r is nicer.

very smart, is this the version that did the ring record?

Yeah the clubsport is the 40 years of golf but the clubsport s has the record.
It's just beaten it's own record.

Very nice, quite lucky to have that version, only 150 in the UK iirc.

I think less now some have bin exported already.

That's a very nice collection you have. Plenty of boot space in the Clubsport S :cool:

Thank you! Yeah there's loads of space but I'll more than likely never need that space. I've got a van and a defender for the big jobs.

Golfsport.net.

I need to come see this thing. It looks brilliant in the pics.

I'll try and pop over next weekend if not the weekend after and we can go for a drive!

cs baller!

Really like the clubsports was looking in Bolton VW the other week, serious motor for the money

Wouldn't say baller, if you were able to order one they weren't expensive. If you have to pay for someone's profit on one they they aren't that cheap.

Lovely looking thing! Nice colour choice.

Had to be red gally, couldn't have a black car again and white didn't do it for me at all.

Nice collection!

But bargain? Thought they were stupidly expensive?

Thanks, no it was under 35k

I'd really love to go in a Clubsport S, would be very interesting to see what it is like.

Nice collection.

Thanks. It's very to the point. I can't wait till it's dry to go out in it!

Lovely, very nice cars.

However someone is selling one on car and classic for, *rolls eyes*; sixty thousand pounds.

Yeah he's never going to get that for it. I've heard of some people making good money on them already and I've had offers on mine without it being for sale. But he's not going to get 60k for it. He says the plate adds so much value. He's dreaming but he's got money to waste by the looks of it.

The clubsport looks an awesome bit of kit, really does, but i'm staying in the R32 camp lol, that sounds a cracking find!! One mature owner from new and low miles too!! VERY nice! :cool:

I spotted the Abarth lurking in the back of one of the photos, still got that as well!?

The r32 is still a epic car it won't be going anywhere. But the mk7 and the r32 are miles and miles apart. Yeah I've still got the Abarth as well.

Glad to see you back on here Ash. I need to come see you soon it's been too long

It's good to be back!! Let me know when your free mate. I am thinking about sorting a little drive out soon so come over!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Thanks. It's very to the point. I can't wait till it's dry to go out in it!

It would sure be a good comparison. Similar power to my R but a very different type of car. Would love to see how the Clubsport feels by comparison. Next time I am up that way, you are very welcome to take me for a spin!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Lovely, very nice cars.

Jesus. I saw a shite spec one going for £50k and thought that was mad. You're on meth btw.

I f**king love the Clubsport S. Epic spec. Much want.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Good to see you back buddy!

Hope all is well!

It's good to be back and yeah all is good. Just had a really busy couple of years TBH.

It would sure be a good comparison. Similar power to my R but a very different type of car. Would love to see how the Clubsport feels by comparison. Next time I am up that way, you are very welcome to take me for a spin!

I've taken Aucky out in mine and he said just the noise was very different.
If your up this way let me know I'd let you have a go in mine anyway.

Looks ace mate. Great choice of colour.

Thanks had to be red when they told me the choices when they told me the choice on the r400 I was gutted if they do build it I really don't want the couloir choice they have give me.

Absolutely awesome car! Congrats mate.
Thanks I feel very lucky to have it!

Epic hot hatch the ClubSport S one of the true greats.

Yeah I think it's going to be a keeper!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
On Friday I decide I was going to go for a drive on Sunday. So I made a bit of a plan and decided to go to Scotland.
Wanted to go in the CCS but took the r32 as it started to snow in Chester on morning. Sunday just drive to Glasgow then Monday had a really nice drive but I didn't really take any photos bar these it was so so quite didn't see anything on the roads.
Stayed in glencoe on Monday night in
Some cool pods.
c545d853750fb7e0097a55fa41638048.jpg

7b4ee9f86448eb77533923071caf51f3.jpg
20c87386af86b054a0b30292fee5d823.jpg
499dd52fd0b9c7d8be23a4266bf77d4a.jpg

Tomorrow I'll try and get some more photos.

I've really had the chance to give it a good hard drive can't really believe how good it's performed for a standard 13 year old car. But I do think it's time for a good exhaust on it now.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
@Ash. , those pods look great! I booked myself and other half in to go to some pods up at Glen Nevis (near For William) in April.

Where in Glasgow were you?

Mk4 R32's are just exceptional.

What sort of mileage will you pile onto the ClubSport S?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Those pods look great.

An exhaust on these really brings them up a notch, im going sports cats on mine next.. Non res is good but still held back imo

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
@Ash. , those pods look great! I booked myself and other half in to go to some pods up at Glen Nevis (near For William) in April.

Where in Glasgow were you?

Mk4 R32's are just exceptional.

What sort of mileage will you pile onto the ClubSport S?

The pods that we were in aren't far from for William the area of glencoe was stunning!! The pod that we got was ace! It was at a place called river beds.

We stayed in the centre of Glasgow near bath street. I think the hotel was Hampton or Hilton I wasn't really paying attention. But we found a great pub/bar the pig and butterfly that was really nice! Going to have a drive around Inverness today then to Edinburgh for tonight.

The mk4 r32 was always a car I wanted I just never got that chance to get one. It's a nice toy to have.

The ccs i am not sure yet I've booked it ok to the rico so that's 2000 miles so this year I'll do about 4K on it this year then next year 2000. Maybe less I've got a few toys I've got one that I really need to start using or sell it.

Will keep that in mind, am up that way a few times a year.

I am only about at the weekends I work away all week.

My R32 is about the same colour as yours atm.. I should clean it. Nice scenery.

I washed it on Saturday it was spotless I'll be cleaning it again on Friday. The scenery is amazing definitely going to have to do another trip soon or Southern Ireland.

Those pods look great.

An exhaust on these really brings them up a notch, im going sports cats on mine next.. Non res is good but still held back imo

I am thinking about getting a custom one made. But it needs something now I think the insides of my exhaust have come out.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Just got back from the trip Edinburgh back to Chester sucked it felt like forever but I did do it in one go. That's the most driving I've ever done in the r32 over the last few days usually I only use it on the weekend. But it's done fantastic the last few days it would have bin great if had just a little bit more power. Not for over taking anyone.
But just for the fun of it. Thinking about doing another trip now at the end of September hopefully if I plan it all out a little better I'd get to do some really good roads. Highlights were from loch lomand to glencoe that was a fantastic road and it was dead. I did that on Monday, then yesterday I did the old military road that was a completely different road wasn't as fast but truly a great road. But I think in the summer it would be really busy.
Really didn't get many photos at all. I'll have a look at them tomorrow and pick the best to put on here.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol at her taking a pic of you taking a pic of her.

How much did the fuel cost for the trip lol?
She was like why are you taking a photos of your car.... called me a looser then I got her to take a photo the day after.

I think I spent about £230 on fuel to do all the trip and got about 25mpg on average.