ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

so racist

1.8 8v RSi
Well, it's the UK, why don't you have UK plates on your UK registered car?

Do you think it's cool to have French plates? You just look stupid.

Shut up mate. Lots of people have French plates, including me. They look a lot better than standard ones. Okay so they are not legal, so if we get pulled and fined we do deserve it but we do not deserve road rage and abuse so stop trying to act the biggun'!
agreed....i have french plate on my car.....yeah they for show use only but i have to say
....i've not been pulled with them yet....nor suffered any abuse to be honest lol if anything its got its perks....i've had people let me out of busy give way junctions and waved me with a smile

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive accidentily ;) drive on the road with my french plates and not had 1 little bit of raod rage or bad driving towards me. Guess its the auld alliance working wonders!

Not been pulled either even when a police car was right behind me!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
plank, Canadians hate the French just as much as the rest of the world. Only Montreal and Quebec really show much love to Frenchies.

Unlucky Laura, hope you set him straight ;)

Plank?

Indeed Montreal and Quebec are primarily French communities but the rest of Canada has >23% of its population with French as there mother tongue, id say thats a significant amount. Anyway back to the topic.....
Sorry personal insult not intended... However 85% of the French Canadian population live in quebec. Last time I went to Canada every-one there really hated the French Canadians because of how arrogant they are. My cousin went from Toronto to Quebec and even though the people in quebec speak perfect English they refused to speak English unless the rest of the country learnt French...

lol - nice one d.brown - definately owned

I have ordered some french plates too - just nice to be different imo - I like them so I bought them!

Clio 182 cup'd
yeah and when a car gets nicked with french plates, ANPR cameras wont pick them up properly. Foolish if you ask me!

Clio 172 mk2
I saw a car the other day with French style plates and it was easy to tell it was a UK reg.

I just thought it looked odd and was like why?

clio 182 black /gold
french arn't so perfect they drive on the wrong side of the road how dumb lol
if an english person went over to france it would happen to them
I drove in france last year it was fine. Never had any abuse or anything. The only problem i had was the roundabouts lol.

Ph1
britain is soooo racist its untrue, ive had my French plates on 2 weeks now and the amount of road rage i have been subject to is unreal,
people tail gating me, cutting me up, etc etc, just now had a guy pull up next to be and deal out some propper abuse calling me a frog!!!

haha quality

Where did you get them made up at ??

Cupped 182 with Recaros
surely this is all by-the-by, those plates are illegal, so they are probably tail-gating you etc cos they think you are a tw@t who thinks it's cool to have funny looking plates on your car. :eek:

Just my opinion...

J03

MX5 1.8
well the UK is known for things like this.. i mean the racist stuff... i dont think non of the other european countries are more racist or trouble causers than the UK.. well get use to it matey lol its england for ya!

Chelsea tractor
Sorry personal insult not intended... However 85% of the French Canadian population live in quebec. Last time I went to Canada every-one there really hated the French Canadians because of how arrogant they are. My cousin went from Toronto to Quebec and even though the people in quebec speak perfect English they refused to speak English unless the rest of the country learnt French...

Quebequois are just wannbe French. Even the French mock them! When I was little my school teacher used to tell us how they didn't speak properly and inbred etc. Was pretty funny at the time.

The only time I've had French plates on a car was in France, and surprisingly it was a French registered car ;) Imo it's a bit silly, but each to their own!

Mini Cooper S sport
Why would you want French-style numberplates anyway? My other half is French and drives a French car with REAL French numberplates - he never gets any grief.

Black Ph1 172
Interesting topic, personally I wouldn't ever drive a car with non road legal plates on but I can see the attraction.

If people are going to be short sighted and shallow enough to tailgate/shout abuse etc I would just leave them to it and brake lightly so they don't go in the back of you. It's not as if you would have made freinds with them if you didn't have them on! Road aggression changes a lot of people into spacky messes and it's just not worth it. Let them get on with it I say.

:)