ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So say you'd just bought your car...

RS 172
I think if you have the money right away, colour coding will give you the biggest visual difference. They look great when its done.

M2 Competition
Colour coding, lowered 60mm, 182 grille, silvervision indicator bulbs, get the standard wheels refurbed in anthracite...

job done!

By all means modify it but purchase the parts secondhand off here, then when you come to sell standardise it then sell the bits back on here, chances are you won't lose any money.

Leave the sterio standard, its not even that bad, nobody is going to break in and nick it plus with an aftermarket you will lose your finger tip controls.
Agree with keeping the standard parts and don't do anything too permanent that you can't reverse, everything that was one mine was stripped off and sold and refitted the standard parts. Got 1k odd back from selling bits in the end.

Will disagree with the headunit though, the standard one is bloody dire compared to even low end decent stuff. And you can always take it with you and refit the standard headunit when you change cars, and a simple adapter keeps the stalk controls and screen.
All the ICE in my car has been in all 3 of my Clios and it completely reversable, only takes a few hours to strip it all back to standard and thats a full setup (front comps/rear comps/2x amps/sub/headunit/changer/ipod adapter/ainet hub/and all the assorted wiring). Can fit it all in in about 6 hours now too but i've had some practise by now lol.

Agree its not great but for a shopping car and bearing in mind mine was an Expression I was quite suprised with it, sounded better than the VW item I have now. My argument was that to get some decent quality you would have to replace the full set up like you did, surely just changing the oem headunit to and aftermarket jobby wouldn't give much if any increase in sound quality. Audio isn't really my thing but I would be interested to know.

Clio's
damm, you lot are so negative, all i wanted was the answer to the top 5... and im certainly no chav! sutable mods for me, "guenuine" renault mods if you get me! no big exhausts no sunstrips, chrome wiper blades etc etc, but i do like to have real nice quality music

but thats up to me

so the opposite to your old cars then??

if it was me i would lower in on coilovers, colourcode it, cup spoiler, RS grill, paint the badges, silvervisions, and get the standard alloys gloss black.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Agree with keeping the standard parts and don't do anything too permanent that you can't reverse, everything that was one mine was stripped off and sold and refitted the standard parts. Got 1k odd back from selling bits in the end.

Will disagree with the headunit though, the standard one is bloody dire compared to even low end decent stuff. And you can always take it with you and refit the standard headunit when you change cars, and a simple adapter keeps the stalk controls and screen.
All the ICE in my car has been in all 3 of my Clios and it completely reversable, only takes a few hours to strip it all back to standard and thats a full setup (front comps/rear comps/2x amps/sub/headunit/changer/ipod adapter/ainet hub/and all the assorted wiring). Can fit it all in in about 6 hours now too but i've had some practise by now lol.

Agree its not great but for a shopping car and bearing in mind mine was an Expression I was quite suprised with it, sounded better than the VW item I have now. My argument was that to get some decent quality you would have to replace the full set up like you did, surely just changing the oem headunit to and aftermarket jobby wouldn't give much if any increase in sound quality. Audio isn't really my thing but I would be interested to know.

I replaced the std cassette unit with a good Pioneer model, made a hell of a difference. Gave the crappy std speakers a lot more clarity, but ideally replace them with componants for the best output.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
damm, you lot are so negative, all i wanted was the answer to the top 5... and im certainly no chav! sutable mods for me, "guenuine" renault mods if you get me! no big exhausts no sunstrips, chrome wiper blades etc etc, but i do like to have real nice quality music

but thats up to me

so the opposite to your old cars then??

if it was me i would lower in on coilovers, colourcode it, cup spoiler, RS grill, paint the badges, silvervisions, and get the standard alloys gloss black.

roflcopter...

i thort u wud of choose RS grille first