ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So say you'd just bought your car...

Yozza'd Titanium 182
If you have just purchased you pearl black 1.6 16v out of the following, which mod would you do first?

Colourcode

Soundsystem

RS front grille

Lowering springs

Induction kit

Please no jokes just want your opinions,
Thanks

2003 Clio 1.4 16V
I bought one last weekend and first on the cards is the stereo. Not looking to do much to it otherwise though - just never stick with the standard stereo setup in any of my cars!

ST
Leave it standard and save the money you'll waste on modding it for a mortgage deposit or a faster car...trust me..i spent 2.5k on my 1st car (Clio dynamique).

all of the above apart from sound system, a bit unnecessary imo, (a new head unit is ok, but big subs and amps are a bit ott imo)

If I'd just bought a 1.6 clio I would.....

Wash car

Take photos

Place ad in Autotrader.....

Only kidding. Lowering is a good first step. Maybe some nice wheels (Turinis maybe) and possibly a not too loud exhaust, and some induction. Then I'd stop there and save money. Subtle mods ftw.

Civic Type-R
Silvervisions front and back, some new plain number plates and an alloy tax disc holder. Nice interior mats and alloy pedals. That would be about it.

Shed.
personally id start small. perhaps leave out the IK, and change the filter to an aftermarket one if you can get hold of one.

Then, go for the Lowering springs.

Grill and then the soundsystem.

And finally if you wanted to, add a decat and an aftermarket exhause, and change the rear bumper. As for colourcoding id leave that till last.

Cooper S
Leave it has it is mate, its a decent car, but why make it something its not? Yeah I know it will be a bit of a project and you will enjoy it but once you have carried out all of your desired mods you will want something new..then you will wish you still had the £000's you spent to put towards it!

n2x

e60/f10
all of the above apart from sound system, a bit unnecessary imo, (a new head unit is ok, but big subs and amps are a bit ott imo)

busted, googled for unnecessary :lolup:

Id leave it standard and save money, not worth the hassle.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
damm, you lot are so negative, all i wanted was the answer to the top 5... and im certainly no chav! sutable mods for me, "guenuine" renault mods if you get me! no big exhausts no sunstrips, chrome wiper blades etc etc, but i do like to have real nice quality music

but thats up to me

Clio v6
I don't go into all the geeky stuff.

Says Alpine when it lights up. Rear speakers are so much better than the OE ones. :approve:

There's also one of those amp things under the passenger seat. I'm told it's important. It has pretty blue lights on it.

I don't go into all the geeky stuff.

Says Alpine when it lights up. Rear speakers are so much better than the OE ones. :approve:

There's also one of those amp things under the passenger seat. I'm told it's important. It has pretty blue lights on it.
Pmsl - I love your explanations of car stereos :approve:

That aside, the workmanship on your car looks second to none :cool:

BMW M135i
When you've done them all it'll look like this btw (my old one):
IMG_1623.JPG

http://gallery.getflat.co.uk/v/My_Cars/2003_Clio_16_16v_Dynamique/Detailed/

Waste of money? Almost undoubtably yes but hell i'd do it again because I enjoyed it. Still miss that car sometimes.

By all means modify it but purchase the parts secondhand off here, then when you come to sell standardise it then sell the bits back on here, chances are you won't lose any money.

Leave the sterio standard, its not even that bad, nobody is going to break in and nick it plus with an aftermarket you will lose your finger tip controls.

RS Grill
Lowering springs,
Colour code the bump strips
Job done, maybe an induction kit routed round behind the grill for a little more noise.

Clio 172 Mk2 PH2
I would lower it first and then fit a nice stainless steel exhaust. These 2 mods give a more sporty stance to the car, are subtle and will not ruin it or your wallet too much. Then stop.

BMW M135i
By all means modify it but purchase the parts secondhand off here, then when you come to sell standardise it then sell the bits back on here, chances are you won't lose any money.

Leave the sterio standard, its not even that bad, nobody is going to break in and nick it plus with an aftermarket you will lose your finger tip controls.
Agree with keeping the standard parts and don't do anything too permanent that you can't reverse, everything that was one mine was stripped off and sold and refitted the standard parts. Got 1k odd back from selling bits in the end.

Will disagree with the headunit though, the standard one is bloody dire compared to even low end decent stuff. And you can always take it with you and refit the standard headunit when you change cars, and a simple adapter keeps the stalk controls and screen.
All the ICE in my car has been in all 3 of my Clios and it completely reversable, only takes a few hours to strip it all back to standard and thats a full setup (front comps/rear comps/2x amps/sub/headunit/changer/ipod adapter/ainet hub/and all the assorted wiring). Can fit it all in in about 6 hours now too but i've had some practise by now lol.

If I had just bought a 1.6 the engine would be on its way to BenR and I would be stripping the shell, installing roll cage and 2 light weight bucket seats, v6 spoiler, CF bonnet, coil-overs, team dynamics pro-race 2 alloys, 4 pots, and probably some other bits I have forgotten

Yozza'd Titanium 182
If I had just bought a 1.6 the engine would be on its way to BenR and I would be stripping the shell, installing roll cage and 2 light weight bucket seats, v6 spoiler, CF bonnet, coil-overs, team dynamics pro-race 2 alloys, 4 pots, and probably some other bits I have forgotten

im asuming thats a joke....

BMW E46 330i Touring
If you're going to modify the exterior, then lower it first - a totally standard car always looks better lowered than std suspension with dodgy alloys...

As for sound system, as long as you don't go into the fibreglass install route, most stuff can be removed when it comes to selling and put into any new car you might buy in the next few years, so it's not a bad option if you're into your music. You will grow out of the loud music, big bass phase though, so don't go spending a fortune... :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if i was to go back to a dynamique (kepping in mind i spent thousands on my old one lol) id....

1. get the exterior sorted, PC Polish, wheel refurb etc if needed so it looked 100% mint.

2. 195/45/15 Goodyear Eagle F1's all round on standard wheels

3. FK Konigsport Coilovers and drop it about -90mm!

4. Cat Back stainless exhaust of your choice (i liked twin 3" that i had)

leave it at that it doesnt look over the top, but a VERY clean and mint example :)

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I'd say lower it first. Then a good headunit, 2 channel amp and a good set of front components, this is all you need for a good system.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
everyone has really different opinions, for me i thing th RS grille would have to be first, is a ten minute job around 40 notes and looks well nice?

Anyone agree?