ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So stiff it hurts!!

182 - Now Cooper S
Hi guys, jusy wanted to put a thread up asking if any of you have, or have gone through a stage of having a really sore left knee from the 182's stiff clutch? My knee is really sore, and its even worse when i drive, commuting into london with all the traffic feels like suicide....Im not sure but i think the cause of the pain is the 182.

Any views or experiences?

Tom

B

Brown.

think i got gout in the ball of my foot
lol....there pretty harsh when in traffic

D

dick

even the normally clios still pretty tough compared to other cars, mine does hurt after a lot of town driving

White16valver said:
I think he was referring to the fact that the Mk1's are actually even stiffer than your pansy-arsed mk2's ;) lol

clutch on me 5gt was solid...............in busy traffic a nightmare :dapprove:

Liquid Yellow 182
I rarely drive when there's a lot of traffic on the road so never get caught up in it.
However on two occasions recently I have been and my left ankle was aching so much from the clutch. Thank god I don't have to drive like that all the time. All that slow '1st gear, 2nd gear, back to 1st again' cr*p drives you mad!

182 - Now Cooper S
Agreed. Its a pain in the arse, ive only had the car 4 months and im fed up with the clutch. Sat in a Fiesta ST 150 the other day and the clutch was very light...much like the 106 and VTR i had. Obviously the 182 was a better choice but comfort is a key factor when your spending 10k. Bit disapointed to be honest.

The flipside is: Its a hot hatch, and therefore comfort is the last thing reno would think about, but it is a very harsh clutch.

LY V6 with Recaros
Yep, I was sitting in stop/start traffic for 2 hours last week, and my knee was in agony!!

Leon Cupra 300
^^^ maybe you should get it checked out as your making it out to be a really big problem, maybe its stiffer than it should be, have you compared it to another 182?

mine on my cup is sooo not a problem, find it really quite light

LY V6 with Recaros
It's not usually a problem, I've never noticed it before, it's only because I was bringing the clutch up and down constantly for so long, and I'm only little, so I think I'm just a bit of a wimp! :eek: