ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So this pops and bang remap, could some explain in laymans's terms.

LY 182
Will use more petrol because it's dumping a small amount down the exhaust.
thats not true at all....

unburnt petrol will not ignite in an exhaust system especially not on an n/a car.. you would need the exhaust system super heated before pouring unburnt petrol into it would ignite..

it actually leans the mixture off on overrun... and alters the ignition timing so the spark happens closer to when the exhaust valve is open....
to a point the leaner the mixture the more explosive!
so on that basis no, mpg wont be affected

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I am still torn between the RS Tuner, and the drive to JMS

Arrggghhh

Black Gold Trophy
I think the RS tuner is worth the money as a diagnostic tool alone, it's better than most handheld code readers!

If you purely just want the remap though, just go to JMS

Yozz'd up 182
What happenes at MOT time? you put the cat back on and the tester goes for a spin.

Will it fail MOT & destroy the cat?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
MOT tester had no need to drive your car?

And it doesn't go above 4.5k in the mot?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
i had this on mine, hence the youtube vid, and it did afect mpg.

Was also very annoying after a while!

TDF custom map FTW

GB 182 FF
I've worked in a cataylst test and aging facility and we frequently hosed tons of fuel into the exhaust to get the cats upto 1.5K deg C etc and never really killed them. Lean'ness is what really hurts them as a lean mix burns much much much hotter and thus will ruin a ceramic or metal substrate.

The map is very simple (in lyamans terms), it will be a table of fuel based on throttle position and engine speed (and ign too, plus its probably a torque demand or air demand rather than an explicit fuel demand), and in the 4.5K + revs area the low/shut pedal region will have the relevant setup to make it pop. Simple.

ITB'd MK1
I've worked in a cataylst test and aging facility and we frequently hosed tons of fuel into the exhaust to get the cats upto 1.5K deg C etc and never really killed them. Lean'ness is what really hurts them as a lean mix burns much much much hotter and thus will ruin a ceramic or metal substrate.

The map is very simple (in lyamans terms), it will be a table of fuel based on throttle position and engine speed (and ign too, plus its probably a torque demand or air demand rather than an explicit fuel demand), and in the 4.5K + revs area the low/shut pedal region will have the relevant setup to make it pop. Simple.

you work with Jash?

clio 182 'full fat'
how do you go about an mot with this map then? surely you have to put cat back in for mot? then you would have to remap again for mot aswell?
thinking about getting this done when i get my YOZZA in a few months

clio 182 'full fat'
suppose, but dont they rev it up when they do the emmisions test, and itll shoot a flame out the back lol:eek: