ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So thought I'd try something not French EVO POWER

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
After many many years of owning lots of Great French cars I thought if try something a little different.

It's an 04 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 with approximately 400-420 bhp.

It has a full turbo back HKS exhaust system

Full HKS Suction intake system

Boost controller

Paddle clutch

Ralliart ECU with launch control

6 days after owning it some noob in a van pulled into me ruining the car.

But this didn't put me off, so keeping it away from insurance I rebuilt it back up, adding lots of carbon fibre
New fully adjustable coilover suspension, new wheels and proper tyres some purple paint and then pretty much a full front half paint job, with subtle mods such as the hole in centre of bootlid tig'd up ( as all the panels are aluminium) and smoothed.

Just on with final bits now but this is how she looks so far and I'm more than happy to be owning my dream car, really love how these cars drive and how fun yet forgiving they can be.

2a3yhy6a.jpg

So from this to this
u4a8ana6.jpg
de5a9eza.jpg
a6a4ege3.jpg
6uje2evy.jpg
2a9ezuty.jpg
jyjuva3e.jpg

Some of the pictures looked flipped as I used my internal phone camera, also sorry for poor quality

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Insurance would of instantly wrote it off as leg took a bad blow. Luckily My great friend Owen has access to a jig so we re jigged it all. And the main fact I didn't go through insurance was I wasn't 100% honest with them regarding the car. No I was over taking as he pulled into my front corner claiming he didn't see me, all police came usual collision investigation etc. But due to the car been fairly rare with it been a European import amongst other things it would really have killed me to just let it get scrapped. Personal preference really most of you I know will try argue that I should of went through them but I didn't.
And it would have put a mark on car maybe cat D.

Yeah course chi you can show me how to drive it :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
So why were you not honest with the insurance? Modified and insured as standard I assume?

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Won't make no odds now really as insurance got well aware of situation as soon as police arrived so makes no difference any more

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Lovely looking Evo.

I'm not a big fan of the carbon or the pink I am afraid.

I'm interested to know if you will be declaring the extensive rebuild to a future buyer, given it was effectively a write off.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Haha it's PURPLE! I'm still on the fence about it to be honest just got excited when I painted my brakes will probably go back black tbh

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Lovely looking Evo, pre 'binning'.

I'm not a big fan of the carbon I am afraid.

I'm interested to know if you will be declaring the extensive rebuild to a future buyer, given it was effectively a write off.

Not that I can see my selling it for a while iv got nothing to hide, I certainly won't deny it's had a bump otherwise I wouldn't be telling people in the first place, car has been repaired to a better than standard state I'd say but of course if I was to sell it they'd have a right to know it has been damaged but not categorised.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Better than standard. I'll phone Mitsubishi and tell them to throw out those fairly expensive car building machines.

It wouldn't matter if you didn't have any insurance at all, if it was the van drivers fault you have a right to claim from his insurance.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
So basically you bought an Evo, fraudulantly insured it, wrote it off, fixed it, haven't told the insurance so now own a CAT D car that nobody will probably ever know about.

You sound like a stand up bloke, please PM when you are selling, I'm really interested.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
So basically you bought an Evo, fraudulantly insured it, wrote it off, fixed it, haven't told the insurance so now own a CAT D car that nobody will probably ever know about.

You sound like a stand up bloke, please PM when you are selling, I'm really interested.

That's right, word for word.... Yeah will do Matey I'll want over the odds for it too

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
That's right, word for word.... Yeah will do Matey I'll want over the odds for it too
CS never forgets iirc, so when it does go up for sale I'lll be willing to put money on everyone viewing it will know it is a CAT D :)

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
As I stated previous I won't be withholding information about it been damaged if you'd care to read, so that really won't be an issue at all, regardless of Cs forgetting anything, if I traded it in at a garage for example no one would ever know unless I told them.... And again I have no interest in selling it otherwise I'd have not put the extra money toward it getting it to such a high standard.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Its not Cat D as the insurance company didnt write it off.

Its just like most cars out there on the road that have been damaged/repaired at some point in their lifetime.

Assume you told your insurers about the non-standard front bumper & replica R32 wheels on your R32?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Its not Cat D as the insurance company didnt write it off.

Its just like most cars out there on the road that have been damaged/repaired at some point in their lifetime.

Assume you told your insurers about the non-standard front bumper & replica R32 wheels on your R32?

Regardless as whether it is catagorised by an insurer, well all know it is a Cat D car. Can't really see an enormous amount of cars that are out there that have been repaired from that extent without any documentation insurance wise of it.

And my policy doesn't require me to declare mods unless they are performance related, so it is irrelevant.

Evo 8 & Yamaha R6
Regardless as whether it is catagorised by an insurer, well all know it is a Cat D car. Can't really see an enormous amount of cars that are out there that have been repaired from that extent without any documentation insurance wise of it.

And my policy doesn't require me to declare mods unless they are performance related, so it is irrelevant.

Lol then you really don't know what your talking about then, as there is a huge amount of cars that have been crashed repaired and undeclared.they even get sold damaged but undeclared on eBay. And that's total bullsh.... Regarding mods as i found out recently, any non standard feature to a car HAS to be declared even a stereo FACT!.

Last edited:
  Evo 8 & Yamaha R6

And again despite it been repaired it hasn't been categorised... Also you keep saying "we all know" I'm not hiding anything the car is what it is damaged repaired I really don't see that been an issue what so ever.... If it was "bodged" or done on the cheap then they're maybe an underlying issue but with a no expense spared rebuild it's as good if not BETTER than it was originally, I say better for small parts on the car been upgraded or repainted which they weren't as standard....