ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So you cant DeCat a Cup then...Bollox

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

cars with cats have a sensor either before , after or before and after the cat.

if the sensor is before the cat (engine side) you can remove your cat without all the alarms going off.

if the sensor is after the cat then if you remove the cat, the sensor picks up that the gases are all wrong and not what it was expecting so it triggers alarms

Hope that helped

What a load of rubbish, my car has a custom decat with both lambdas in, this was after adivce form John Millet Technical Director for R Sport. His Cup has Grp N link Pipe with no back sensor. The front sensor is important for fueling the rear is usually a heat sensor.

John Millets Cup with Grp N exhuast, Exhaust Cam, ECU is 210 bhp.

Oh yeah Ill be at York on Sunday so expect an even faster time.

So - where can I order this decat from then? Any contact details and price?

Getting any nice pops and bangs after the decat? :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by TimO172 on 19 June 2003

What a load of rubbish, my car has a custom decat with both lambdas in, this was after adivce form John Millet Technical Director for R Sport. His Cup has Grp N link Pipe with no back sensor. The front sensor is important for fueling the rear is usually a heat sensor.

John Millets Cup with Grp N exhuast, Exhaust Cam, ECU is 210 bhp.

Oh yeah Ill be at York on Sunday so expect an even faster time.

Tim is that 210 hp on the R Sport ECU? I thought it was only setup for a standard car or can it take de-cat, IK exhaust, cams?

320d M Sport

HMM, its not unusual for the lights to come on after 1000 miles or so though is it... it may be fecked yet

clio sport mk1 golf

i would have thought you can get a decat for the cup, i can for my little 1.2 but i dont want to harm the little fish and chicken with fumes. nice one tim, rock on dude.

ps i can get a strut brace too!! yippeeeee not sure wht it does other than holds the car together, may get one they look nice!!! more power is good.

good show tim.

tim tho please watch your language, my little cousin keeps asking me what B())*x are now!!!:eek:

a lot of excitment about a length of decat pipe!

Wowwwie finally a "serious" mod on a 172/cup ARGGGHHMMPPFFFF (sound of me choking on my morning cuppa and jam toast..)

210 hp with a decat pipe, yaaawzaa, Ill have mine waxed today and maybe thatll get me 300 bhp

get real people and read Timos post correctly. The guy got 210bhp with a decat + group N exhaust AND new cam(s) and ECU changes. with the cat in and a mid silencer the noise level is 94-95dB with no cat, no silencer, most tracks will not admit the car, i.e useless if its intended for anything but show, or unless youre planning to go rallying or racing with it (I thinkthat rules out 99.99% of the audience) Anybody here can fit a set of wild cams and get an extra 18bhp, but you can kiss your idling goodbye. Fine if youre developing a race car, not so clever if you intend to use the car to pop down to Tescos...

Timo do you have have more details on the cam profiles hes using?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

cant you just by a mk1 172 decat and fit the sensors into that?

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 20 June 2003

a lot of excitment about a length of decat pipe!

Wowwwie finally a "serious" mod on a 172/cup ARGGGHHMMPPFFFF (sound of me choking on my morning cuppa and jam toast..)

210 hp with a decat pipe, yaaawzaa, Ill have mine waxed today and maybe thatll get me 300 bhp

get real people and read Timos post correctly. The guy got 210bhp with a decat + group N exhaust AND new cam(s) and ECU changes. with the cat in and a mid silencer the noise level is 94-95dB with no cat, no silencer, most tracks will not admit the car, i.e useless if its intended for anything but show, or unless youre planning to go rallying or racing with it (I thinkthat rules out 99.99% of the audience) Anybody here can fit a set of wild cams and get an extra 18bhp, but you can kiss your idling goodbye. Fine if youre developing a race car, not so clever if you intend to use the car to pop down to Tescos...

Timo do you have have more details on the cam profiles hes using?

Exactly a cat is a cat, nothing special. MOT may now be failed and as Philip says if that DB is right he wont be allowed to go on track most of the time. Fairplay if it took Timo a long time to do but pointless imho..

jiberish.............if he aint willing to share info then whats the freaking point.

A decat and exhaust cam and remap gaining near 40bhp.....ok

clio 20v

de-cats do make a differance

to me a differance i can feel is definatly quicker, cos temps outside e.t.c can make a good diff and arnt that noticeable

on mine i sacrificed a bit of low down pull for quite a bit of top end which is brilliant and defo was quicker

not that on all cars its gonna make a wanted diferance its a trade off

on mine id say the combination of magnex zorst which is nowhere near the bore of my old mongoose, the valver manifold and silenced de-cat was too much backpressure, adding the straight thru de-cat freed the top end up lots but i think if i went to a willy manifold and mongoose id lose too much low down

One last time, GRP N Cams, GRP N ECU, GRP N Exhaust (no cat). 200 bhp +. End of story. They are Renault bits for f**ks sake.

I am going to stop posting on here, as no one listens or reads.

Ben R typical.

I have a decat, I will have it dynoed next week, and still people wont beleive me. Why would I say I have something that a. I dont. b. I lie to say it works. I am sorry if there are people on here who dont have a life outside this blue forum I do... I find no need to lie, I let the figures and times show me. Cheers to everyone who is cool, but I no longer can be arsed with juistifying every move I make on my car. I guess, Renault cant make competition parts!!! Christ...................................

cor.....ask for an explanation and they get their knickers in a twist......:confused:

and typical......maybe....but most of teh sh*te i see does nowt......if you go look up the rules and regs of GrpN.....youll see there is not much if any diff from the std spec.....it just allowes more detailing within that spec.

if your cat works....whoopdy doo......were asking why!

jesus man......a point without a reason is useless.

i have blue toenails......why.....cause i spend too much time on here........jeeze....ask as silly question....

I am posting this on my bros behalf.

Modifications so far - Magnex full system, R Sport ECU, Pipercross Viper with custom piping and Tube Torque custom de-cat pipe = 198bhp at the flywheel proven @ well lane turbo centre. Those mods were done in stages - Ill get him to post his lastest power graph.

Hope to see the crew at York RWYB 27th and maybe some new faces...

Charlie

Charlie I thought the de-cat was a R Sport part? "One last time, GRP N Cams, GRP N ECU, GRP N Exhaust (no cat). 200 bhp +. End of story. They are Renault bits for f**ks sake" Timo.

Sorry wires crossed that was John Millets car, his power claims have been bang on so far. My car missed 200bhp by 2 bhp, shame but still fuggin quick, ps that is with 166 lbft of torque and weighing 960kg.

not wishing to start another arguement, but calculated flywheel outputs are NOT comprehensive proof.

Whats the wheel bhp?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 07 July 2003

not wishing to start another arguement, but calculated flywheel outputs are NOT comprehensive proof.

Whats the wheel bhp?
Yeah, Id like to know power @ wheels too, as thats what I work in...

If it is that easy to get those sorts of gains from a Cup, then my car will be getting bits ordered for it before Ive even driven it! ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Lee Majors on 20 June 2003

so what f the lights come on? it drives dont it!
Ahhhh, but if the warning light does come on then the ECU will revert to "safe mode" and it will not run correctly...

But, if it was gonna come on, Id have thought it would have done so by now!

172 Cup

" am going to stop posting on here, as no one listens or reads"

At least half a dozen people have asked you for more information on your decat and youve not even bothered to answer them. Dont be so hypocritical!