ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

soft lowered suspension anywhere?

clio 172
love the look of lowered suspension, but i hate the ride quality. is there any suspension sets out there that will lower the car...but still stay soft over the bumpy bits..(dont drive fast)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Some full suspension kits (shocks and springs) have adjustable damping settings. so it can be low and soft =]

Audi TT 3.2 V6
prolines however dont really give a noticeable drop. Ive heard someone say before something along the lines of -

Prolines for go, sportlines for show.

meaning prolines give better handling, sportlines look better as they drop more.

Clio 182 FF Cup
Get Prolines, they have dropped mine by 25mm at the rear and 15 at the front, but the ride qualitys only slightly firmer than standard.

Up rocks
Another vote for Eibach Sportlines. Mine feel very comfortable. Progressivly wound springs means they absorb the small general bumps but stiffen up when you throw it into a corner.

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
I wouldnt wory too much, tbh.
Iv had a good few lowerd cars and comfort wise were not too bad, although when i bought my civic the lad had crappy ebay springs in, was very bouncy! so the first thing i did was get good quality ones in.

Silver 182
Just had some Eibach Sportlines put on my 182.....to be honest not very noticeable difference at all in ride bumpyness compared to other springs i have had on previous cars.
Definately recommend as the drop has lowered it quite a lot more than i thought personally.
a good 35mm me thinks

vers le haut doigt milieu
Their hard because they use the same amount of metal but are wound tighter at the top and as the top is the bit that takes the impact first as its wound tighter it becomes harder. If you want it to be as soft as ur standards you would have to cut ur standard springs, THIS IS BAD! Because u will hit a pot hole going round a corner at 100mph and bounce....

arctic 182 black wheels
leaf springs out of a lwb sprinter will quite comfortable along with monster truck tyres (only jokin) i'v got eibach sportlines and the ride is much bumpier than standard imo b ut if ya wana look low sacrifices hav 2 be made

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
lol at leaf springs. u gotta go for sportlines if you want a drop, prolines are hardly noticeable imo. Also i dont think sportlines are all that much firmer than standard, just lower and improved handling

Ian

Focus TDCi
Does anyone know if Renault changed the springs on the sports models like mine (the 1999 1.6 Si)? The ride is incredibly bumpy - going along the motorway to Warrington is comparable to being on the high seas in a dinghy! Yet cornering is completely opposite, tons of body roll.

I'd gladly get a set of Eibachs for the looks, but if they're harder than my springs for motorway use I won't bother!

Edit: thinking about it my dampers might be shot? Would explain both symptons I think.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Argh I wish mate! Can just imagine the look on the guy's face on the other end of the phone at Tescos when I tell him I'll be putting coilies on, but refuse to pay extra. Renewal time can't come soon enough for me!