ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

solenoid

Im getting my boot smoothed next week removing the wiper and the lock. Does anyone know what solenoid i need and the best place to get it from?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i think people use xr2 solenoids

sorry thats all i know but its a start!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Someone explain to me what a solenoid is? Is it like a switch that you use to open the boot from inside the car or summit?

The solenoid is the bit that actually pulls the catch open, I will find out where my mate bought mine from and post it on here it was only a fiver I think!!

I hope it is only i fiver then.Ive found the catch that needs to be pushed and mounting etc just got to get one now.

16vclio your car looks sweet if ya still got that blue one.

350z & 16v Maxi

I put a long post up a while ago about it, how to do it etc. Have a wee search to see if you can find it.

Quote: Originally posted by zedx19 on 14 March 2003

Someone explain to me what a solenoid is? Is it like a switch that you use to open the boot from inside the car or summit?
A solenoid is a metal shaft with a electromagnetic coil around it. It pulls the shaft in when a current is aplied

Clio Gtt

what you need is a central locking door actuator from maplins they are 7 quid make sure its the two wire type.

i thing the website is maplinelectronics.co.uk
i done mine and 16vclios they work the best.