ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Solid Engine Light

197, R26 F1, Cat'm 7
Hi All,

I'm new to Clio ownership and this forum. I have an '05 182 cup which I bought back in May and everything has been great so far :D. Driving into work this morning I got a solid yellow light on my dash, which according to the book is an exhaust emission light - but no further info.

Has anyone had this before? Is my cat dead or is it likely to be a faulty lambda sensor?

Any help is much appreciated.

K Rgds,

Nigel

182 Turbo
Hi All,

I'm new to Clio ownership and this forum. I have an '05 182 cup which I bought back in May and everything has been great so far :D. Driving into work this morning I got a solid yellow light on my dash, which according to the book is an exhaust emission light - but no further info.

Has anyone had this before? Is my cat dead or is it likely to be a faulty lambda sensor?

Any help is much appreciated.

K Rgds,

Nigel
had this a couple of times also it happens when you are washing the car and you get water in the exhaust or if it's hard rain and it gets in the exhaust it should go out in a couple of days the lambda sensors on these cars are utter w**k!

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
had this a couple of times also it happens when you are washing the car and you get water in the exhaust or if it's hard rain and it gets in the exhaust it should go out in a couple of days the lambda sensors on these cars are utter w**k!

^^^^ lol

Get your fault codes read at a garage and all will be revealed.

Lol. As scotty said get the fault codes read but its probably lambda related.

197, R26 F1, Cat'm 7
All sorted now, thanks. Turned out to the the O2 sensor - didn't even know I had one of them!!

330Ci cab
this has happened to me about a half hour ago. sorry if its hi-jacking, but i didnt see the point in starting another thread....

hasnt happened before, and currently having some mega shite weather in stockport, so is this a possible cause? the car doesnt seem to be running any different at all. i'll try and get it into a garage for fault codes, but any advice other to that? :coffee:

RB 182
No funny weather wont cause it to come on.

I had this on mine, but the car ran pefectly, turned out it the exhast was blowing slightly at the cat / manifold joint.

330Ci cab
a friend of a friend is a Renault tech. and is going to have a look on Saturday morning. been out in it this morning and haven't seen or noticed any changes, still pulls hard through the range (to ~5.5, 6k) and no economy change either.

i hate dash warning lights lol especially when i cant see/feel any difference :dead:

If it's solid it'll probably disappear after 8 or 9 clean starts, usually comes on if there's an increase in emissions at startup.

330Ci cab
If it's solid it'll probably disappear after 8 or 9 clean starts, usually comes on if there's an increase in emissions at startup.

it stays on when just on ignition before being started then stays on after its started. nightmare

RB 182
a friend of a friend is a Renault tech. and is going to have a look on Saturday morning. been out in it this morning and haven't seen or noticed any changes, still pulls hard through the range (to ~5.5, 6k) and no economy change either.

i hate dash warning lights lol especially when i cant see/feel any difference :dead:

Sounds same as mine, light was on 2 weeks then went off for a week or so, came back on again so i took it to Birchdown who put a new fixing kit in. I also had a high pitched whistling noise after 4500rpm which went once the joint had been sealed properly. All the power was there and i was stil averaging 38mpg.

330Ci cab
Sounds same as mine, light was on 2 weeks then went off for a week or so, came back on again so i took it to Birchdown who put a new fixing kit in. I also had a high pitched whistling noise after 4500rpm which went once the joint had been sealed properly. All the power was there and i was stil averaging 38mpg.

still got all the power, no change in consumption either its sitting at 31.5 at the mo which is normal for driving around my area to work and so on. see how it goes until saturday morning then see this tech from renault

RB 182
still got all the power, no change in consumption either its sitting at 31.5 at the mo which is normal for driving around my area to work and so on. see how it goes until saturday morning then see this tech from renault

The code that came up was downstream 02 sensor FYI.