ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Solid red immobiliser light

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Car wouldn't start due to solid red light had the car towed to a garage.
No errors on ecu so feeds to computer where checked and some wiring was repaired with new connector in main plug to injection computer.

Still getting the red light ever now and then? It's basically a waiting game till it next comes up! I've removed fuses next to the engine cleaned them, all seem fine, unplugged uch fuses under glove box and put back in, what else could be causing the solid light? I only have 1 key so i don't really want to spend £90 on a new key if this dosent stop the problem! Any help would be grateful guys!

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
solid every time?

When the problem occurs yeah it's a solid red light, it's not happened since Sunday, but dosent help as its my daily. Not sure what to attempt next really stuck lol

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Nope stays on, somehow after 30mins of trying on Sunday no luck, rang for recovery and tried again while waiting and it turned over? Last Monday it happend I had to be towed, got the car back thurs light came
On managed to get it off with holding button in? Then happened Sunday but holding the lock button didn't work this time?

dan's cast offs.
if you think on next time the light stays solid don't try and start it, leave ignition switched on for about 30 seconds or so and see if it clears.

also worth checking the engine loom earth on the gearbox.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I'll give that a try next time, need to get under the car and have a look at the earth strap! Just be embrassing if I get to Clio festival on Saturday and it dosent start haha

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
I had this sort of problem, which started on a track day and was a right pain
Intermittent red light

After lots thinking what to do, got a replacement key at one of those Timpsons places outside a supermarket (Only some of them do car keys check online) and that completely solved the problem. Bout £25 I think, but wasn't sure itd work

My spare key worked fine TBH