ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Solid top mount options?

Im after some solid top mounts but i dont want to drill the strut top and carn't fit ast's as im on sportlines so carnt re adjust the ride height after fitment. So is compbrake top mounts my only option and are they any good.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I'm not 100% but thought ya would always drill them as to make them solid. Have a look at the k tec ones on there web site, they will probs have some info written on there about fitting them.

S2 106 GTI
If you have the money....Mark fish! the BEST solid top mounts you can buy...fair enough you have to drill but they are solid!

172 cup
the k-tec ones you drill are mint ive got them i rate them and when i spoken to k-tec about then compbrake ones they did say the compbrake ones arent as good as new design ones they have but that might just be down to they would rather sell there own brand but ive never had the compbrake ones but these new k-tec ones are good

ITB'd MK1
compbrake ones are a waste of time. All the others mentioned are great. Dont understand why you can't use the AST ones. If you dont want to drill they're the best option. K-tec ones are superb, I'd say better than Mark Fish ones, especially for the price.

RSC 182 Cup
compbrake ones are a waste of time. All the others mentioned are great. Dont understand why you can't use the AST ones. If you dont want to drill they're the best option. K-tec ones are superb, I'd say better than Mark Fish ones, especially for the price.

Yes, I was under the impression the ast's work fine with even totally stock suspension- you just need to specify your setup when ordering?

(A friend has just ordered them for his ph1 172 from the uk and he's got stock suspension.)