ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Solution for any one with leaking sunroofs

99 clio 1.2 dynamique
This is quite a long job to do but worth it with all the money you save.

First of all my Clio is mk2 Clio rn grande 3 door 99 plate.

1) Pop sunroof glass out by opening it to the second click and pressing small red button to release it completely.

2) Remove rubber seal and also remove the inner grey seal as this well give you access between the the roof lining and the roof itself.

3) Between the roof lining and roof (if you pull the lining down a bit) you will see approx 12 (m10) bolts. Using a spanner with a ratchet (can get them at Halfords, easier access to bolts by using one of these) unloosen and remove.

4) Sunroof casing will now come out with a bit of persuasion then remove the drainage pipes.

5) The problem with leaking and rattling sunroofs is the rubber seal on this plastic casing being eroded. To solve this scrape the remaining seal off with a screwdriver and run a bead of clear silicone around where the rubber seal used to be. Allow to dry for about 30 mins until the silicone is malleable then use your finger to push down the silicone down till a 5mm lip is achieved all the way around.

6) Before refitting the sunroof take a normal bicycle pump and force air down the drainage pipes to shift any blockages. ( Also there are two torx screws at the wheel arch plastic on both front wheels which is where the drainage pipes lead to. Clean this of dirt and debris as well.)

7) Refit the sunroof (reverse of first few steps) ensuring that drain hose are connected. Tighten all screws at tight as possible.

8) When all bolts are tight, refit the two seals.

9) The last tip is to run a bead of the same silicone between the outer plastic trim of the sunroof and the roof itself. This will insure that no water will leak.

10) Finally refit the glass.

This will save you a lot of money. I had a massive leak which lead to me having 2 massive puddles in my car. Now it is all fixed.

Hope this helps!!!

Nice guide mate, Mine has just started leaking now :(

Do you have any pics or your sunroof? Just not sure if mine is different or not...

Thanks

clio (2003) 1.2 16v
looks like a good guide. i tried to fix the leak at the weekend by cleaning out the drainage pipes cleaning the ruber seal and tighted the torx screws but after a night of heavy rain it leaked again. So i am definately going to try this method.

Where about do you peel away the roof lining? is it behing the handle for the sunroof like a little join?