ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some b*****d hit my car...

Stripped yozza'd cup
Some fucker has driven into my car whilst they were parking. Being as I live in Crawley, it's no surprise that the arsehole has driven off with leaving any details. So now I'm left to fix this....

8a0e2d95.jpg

It's worse than it looks in the picture... But I was looking for some advice on how best to clean it / remove the silver paint / make it look bit better until I can afford to get the front end resprayed....

Thanks folks

I don't, but I can get some.... Would that be a good place to start?

Clay will not get that out mate, The headlight you should be able to do with a DA, or by hand with some wet & dry sandpaper 2500-3000 grit i think followed up by some scratch x. There is a guide somewhere check the detailing section.

As for the paintwork it depends how deep it is, again it may be some wet & dry paper then polish it out.

I would give them AIDS b******s.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Clay will not get that out mate, The headlight you should be able to do with a DA, or by hand with some wet & dry sandpaper 2500-3000 grit i think followed up by some scratch x. There is a guide somewhere check the detailing section.

As for the paintwork it depends how deep it is, again it may be some wet & dry paper then polish it out.

I would give them AIDS b******s.

Cheers mate, I don't think it's too deep, haven't had a proper look yet as I was worried about making it worse. There's a tonne of paint on it, would tardis remove that? I only ask because I just bought some thismorning....

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
This has happened about 5 times to me since moving house :(

Meguaris Scratch X is pretty much bang on, it does as well as a by hand product can IMO.

The headlight will need wet and dry, then polish etc.

Get yourself a meguaris polish foam pad, then use the scratch X, finish with some SRP

LY R26, LY 182
Get some Autogylm paint renovator (pink label). It is an abrasive but it will remove any of the other cars paint and help to reduce the scratches. Get some Turtle Wax colour match chip stick to fill in the deep scratches, not a permanent fix but will make it look better as the wax fills in the gaps and provides a colour fill. As I said won't look great, but will look better until you decide to do something further.

As others have said, use wet and dry to sand the headlight down then buff with either the autoglym or some scratch X. Best to get a polishing pad for your electric drill (from screwfix) to make the buffing/polishing easier.

Keep us updated on your progress... sorry for you mate.... B@st@rds!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Cheers for all help and advice.
I'll get on it in the morning and see what I can do. I'm sure I'll be back for more advice....

It will come out but probably not completely if you say it's worse than the picture. The headlight can be sorted but the wing will need some serious graft to get it very minimal. Had the same with my mums car.

Keep an eye out for a silver car with blue paint on it. I can pretty much guarantee it will be a skoda or a kia or some other old person car.