ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some c**t hit my car...

back home to railway station to find someone has reversed into drivers door, thought it was bird s**t at first then no thats primer, several dents on drivers door, bump strip seems to have taken whack of damage...fuckin raging

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Beef-Mc is the coolsest username. EVER. I can just imagine someone DJ-ing with slices of topside rotating on the turntables...

On the subject of the car, its a shitter but tbh, you can't really expect any less with this country anymore.

washed car down, multiple dents/dings to door above and below bump strip, my mirrors were folded in and drivers one has no damage, tried to call local dent remover to see what he can do, paint work is another problem, can see this is going to be expensive

White clique
that is a real real shitter - i have the same car and same colour so can totally imagine how pissed off you are. No cameras in the station carpark? B A L L S man that is flippin bad news.

Works...kind of...
Complete fvcker mate! :(

We should all start driving shitters like I do, save the heart ache.

polished door down, paint loss not as bad as it looked its mainly been the offending vehicles paint but panel below bump strip is fucked, looks like door must have been hit low speed and panel has bounced back out

Family Bus
Arr sorry to hear that! :(

Ignorant so*s tbh! No respect for anyone else! Hope you get it sorted :(

White clique
ultra red is pretty hard to match - i base that on the fact that mine looks like almost every panel is a different shade even though its new!
The only consolation (albeit still a gutter) is that their car / van would also be damaged, hopefully they also had a nice car and their partner gave them a massive bollocking.

The TRUTH though - and this probably aint the ideal thread to ask - but would everybody reading this stop and stick their numberplate on a windscreen in similar circumstances? The bottom line is most probably wouldn't. I once had my car hit and someone saw them do it, and left me a note with their numberplate on my screen, i had to take it to the police and they were reported for leaving the scene, but i was lucky.

I

White clique
ultra red is pretty hard to match - i base that on the fact that mine looks like almost every panel is a different shade even though its new!
The only consolation (albeit still a gutter) is that their car / van would also be damaged, hopefully they also had a nice car and their partner gave them a massive bollocking.

The TRUTH though - and this probably aint the ideal thread to ask - but would everybody reading this stop and stick their numberplate on a windscreen in similar circumstances? The bottom line is most probably wouldn't. I once had my car hit and someone saw them do it, and left me a note with their numberplate on my screen, i had to take it to the police and they were reported for leaving the scene, but i was lucky.

I hope its a straightforward

just spoke to transport police, their may be one camera which covered area however this is from 6.55am to 6.10pm so depends how much they want to bother to check, cop i spoke to was fine, i made it clear no one was injured but they said they would check it as it was crime to drive off from scene of accident, its going to cost me no matter what happens, just so pissed off, never had this happen, never scrapped an alloy, never had a crash, i am so cautious at parking.

i think from checking where i parked that a car/van from one of two places has reversed back to get out of parking space hitting mine.

a few questions.....

the bump strip took main paint damage, rest should polish out as long as door doesnt need replaced! can the bump strip be taken off and painted on its own?

door....damage is to upper and lower, its creases but no real paint damage and at sections its been pushed in, waiting call from dent remover who took a ding from my 182 when it was in dealers but just how much or how big dents etc can they remove?

transport police just called, checking cctv, will leave it 24 hours to allow someone to report it and if they dont will take statement from me....why are the normal police as efficient as them!

Pisser mate. Some c**t scratched up the nearside front wing of my R27 two weeks ago - It ain't nice when you see the damage for the first time.

Re: some c**t hit my car...

Would need to see pics of the damage to give you an idea of how easy it would be to fix, also depends on the position of the damage - too big/close to the edge of the panel and you'll more than likely have to spray the wing and/or quarter to blend the colour.

Hope the coppers come up with something mate.

Mini Cooper S sport
Arghhh..gutted :-( Must've been horrible to come back and see that, what a shitter.

A delivery driver turning round in my road scraped my neighbour's BMW today. Left a massive dent and scrape on the rear wing and bumper - luckily he saw him do it! He reckons he'd have definitely driven off if he hadn't caught him though.

Fuckin result! Transport police just at house, caught on cctv a silver people carrier reversing into my 197 the driver getting out to check what they done then driving off!
So they are checking to see if reported with normal police then going to see driver. Happened at 5.30pm so the 24 hours to report it are up. So so impressed with the transport police for showing interest in what happened and following it up! Still though makes me sick seeing damage to the car.

Static Low

Sounds like they're doing a great job.
That train station at Troon can be a fuckin nightmare.
Hope you get it sorted out mate.
No one should have to return and find there car in that kind of state.
People are absolute w*****s.

BMW 320d SE
Sounds like a good result so far. It'll be interesting to see what action gets taken against the driver. Keep us posted.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Result !

Glad the rozzers got on the case pronto.

B,stard people carriers are shitwagons! and 4x4's. Drivers should have to pay double to have them on the road.

Still gutting to have pride & joy messed with but hope it works out for you mate.

just spoken to cops and it was a renault espace, went to guys door but not in however i have just been to station and found it with damage to its rear panel, 2.0 16v espace, silver, two kids seats in rear, so tempted to boot in every single panel

Mini Cooper S sport
f**king RESULT!!!

Excellent work by BTP, so glad they followed it up for you and found it.

Now sue the b*stard for emotional distress and everything else you can think of, he'd better be insured!

What an asshole, that must have taken some restraint not to kick 7 bells out of his crappy Espace.

I know it doesn't really make you feel better, but think of how many people this has happened to and they've never known who did it. I've had cars damaged in various ways in the past and just had to pay out myself to get it fixed.

no real news today, i ran database check on the car and it does have insurance with tesco, cops called to say they again went to door but no answer at door

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Tesco are dealing with me at the moment for damage caused by the other guy. They are superb, really helpfull.

Static Low

Tesco payed out really quickly when i had an accident in my first car.