ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some Cu*t Crashed into my car

MCS R56
Regardless of who was at fault it is always worth bearing in mind that there are so many idiots on the road, looking at the picture if you noticed him pulling into the middle of the road (indicators or not) it would seem obvious he was pulling into a drive.

As you were'nt to know if he was going right or left id would have been easier to just brake and wait a second or two for him to turn, rather than undertake in a 30mph zone.

Defensive driving. A bit of patience perhaps? Hope it gets sorted.

a burnt one
On a side note, ive seen cars written off down the road from me many times.

There is a junction from my street on to the main road, its bust in both directions all day, you are usually sat for ages waiting to get out, some people do not cancel their indicators from the previous junction and the guy waiting to come out pulls out in front of him believeing he is turning left when he's not.

It's a big problem as the left turn is a long sweeper so you can take it at 40mph, the waiting car sees him indicating and realises theres no need to brake so judging his speed doesnt apply at this junction.

BANG.

My point is guessing what a car is about to do is'nt worth the risk, most of them as in this case dont like to make it easy for us.

b/g 182, meg tourer
On a side note, ive seen cars written off down the road from me many times.

There is a junction from my street on to the main road, its bust in both directions all day, you are usually sat for ages waiting to get out, some people do not cancel their indicators from the previous junction and the guy waiting to come out pulls out in front of him believeing he is turning left when he's not.

It's a big problem as the left turn is a long sweeper so you can take it at 40mph, the waiting car sees him indicating and realises theres no need to brake so judging his speed doesnt apply at this junction.

BANG.

My point is guessing what a car is about to do is'nt worth the risk, most of them as in this case dont like to make it easy for us.

i have a very simelar junction just around the corner from me. its busy all day and some people leave the indicators on and dont turn etc. 3 crashes there last month!

200 Gordini
I was just going to pm you saying let me put one of your wheels on my car to see what it looks like..

Words fail me with this car, sorry to hear but I really don't know what to say...

In an ideal world he would be in the wrong but we all know what insurance companies are like :mad:

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
i feel for u man i bought my mate clio of him last xmas on the 10th of dec 18th of dec sum pr*ck landed in the side of me,
cat c write of,police said was 50/50
got 2050 for the car minus 400 excess half of which i couldnt claim back,got my car back for all the mods for 10% of the price i got 205 quid for my car-wheels lights exhasut bumpers ok it was really chav'd lol

Mini Cooper S sport
Really sorry to hear/see what happened.

I know it's easy to say you should have done whatever, but if he was that far into the middle of the road I expect most people would assume he was turning right.

I suppose that's the issue; never assume. FWIW he's an utter tool for not looking or indicating.

Hope it doesn't end up costing you too much, it's a shame to see an RB damaged :(

www.renparts.co.uk
at least you can have a little smile that is car looks much worse than yours.. look at the wheel!
hope it gets sorted soon!

S4 Avant
Thats harsh, I can understand why you would have gone past him though.

When some one moves into the middle of the road, without indicating, and starts to slow down, anyone behind him would assume that he is turning right. He was seemingly positioning his car in the middle of the road, so that cars could get past. For him to then swing left, without signalling, is completely his fault.

Shouldn't be 50/50 IMO

Make sure you fight your corner

Monaco RS Clio 172
me personally,

I'd be on the phone, causing hell and fury over this one

despite all the 'you should have spotted what he was doing' above posts, that is non sense. yes, you cannot expect high way code compliance by motorists - agreed, a blatent disregard for safety aka indication of direction, moving into the middle of the road then slowing right down (nearly always meaning turning right, so automatic descision is made by following drivers, without them even becoming aware), then to turn round and NOT check his mirrors?

sheer disbelief people here say it is REMOTELY the OP's fault for failing to observe

maybe some of us folk may have just held back, because we are suspicious of these idiots on the road, but then the other 90% would probably have done the exact same.

so easy to say this and that about these situations when you wasn't even there

my advice mate

fight to the DEATH - you don't want a 50/50, do not roll over because of the aggrevation, fight it, you don't need to be paying excess and losing well earned NCB for some tosser because he couldn't be assed to indicate let alone check his mirror, what about blind spot check? he didn't even do this? mirror, signal, move? where did this go?

f--king imbecile should NOT be qualified to drive with senses like that

MCS R56
me personally,

I'd be on the phone, causing hell and fury over this one

despite all the 'you should have spotted what he was doing' above posts, that is non sense. yes, you cannot expect high way code compliance by motorists - agreed, a blatent disregard for safety aka indication of direction, moving into the middle of the road then slowing right down (nearly always meaning turning right, so automatic descision is made by following drivers, without them even becoming aware), then to turn round and NOT check his mirrors?

sheer disbelief people here say it is REMOTELY the OP's fault for failing to observe

maybe some of us folk may have just held back, because we are suspicious of these idiots on the road, but then the other 90% would probably have done the exact same.

so easy to say this and that about these situations when you wasn't even there

my advice mate

fight to the DEATH - you don't want a 50/50, do not roll over because of the aggrevation, fight it, you don't need to be paying excess and losing well earned NCB for some tosser because he couldn't be assed to indicate let alone check his mirror, what about blind spot check? he didn't even do this? mirror, signal, move? where did this go?

f--king imbecile should NOT be qualified to drive with senses like that

Yes, it was a bad move and the consequences could be a nightmare (insurance, excess etc) but as you noted, if there is no indication then how can you assume anything? I'm not saying it was adam182's fault by any means but stopping/delaying would have been my first instinct.

Clio 182 RB
If it is a write-off dont worry guys cause 1000% get another clio probably trophy...get more pictures up later

172 5HED
End of the day though from an insurance point of view, he hit you, the middle of your car didnt move sideways into the front corner of his did it??! So he can claim its your fault all he likes he's wrong!!

Phase 2 172 Cup
How has noone else spotted that its completely adam's fault??

he was following the audi?
the audi moved into the hatched area.
adam then undertook the audi
the audi then hit the side of him

at any rate, undertaking is illegal, and there is no legal requirement to indicate into your driveway......

172 5HED

at any rate, undertaking is illegal, and there is no legal requirement to indicate into your driveway......

Ah, yeah!! That kind of changes things, I completely didnt notice that!! Good luck!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

I kinda agree with this.... On the other hand thank God he was not riding a push bike!

White R26/Stripped Valver
Don't know if this rule applies here:

109: Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road.

If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so.

If the area is marked with diagonal stripes and bordered by solid white lines, you should not enter it except in an emergency.

If the area is marked with chevrons and bordered by solid white lines you MUST NOT enter it except in an emergency.

Looks like a broken white line, and tbh it wasn't necessary for him to use that area to pull into a drive?

Clio 182 + Recaros

I entirely agree - shame about the car but regardless of chevrons - I would describe his manoeuvre as undertaking. That isn't a strong legal postion to defend - based on advice from one of my colleagues. At least no one has been seriously hurt.

fad

Clio 182 FF

So when someone filters to the right to turn right and you pass then on the left this is against the highway code? I know what you are saying but it isn't clear cut in this case.

Same thing like this happend to me except someone who was turning right changed their mind at the last minute and clipped me.

The oposing insurance company fought it and I used my legal advice and prevailed.

All you need to say was he pulled to the right as if he was turning right. If you look on your car the accessor will say that you were within his field of vision for him to have seen you and from where he clipped you had gone past him.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Tbh it does look like you squeezed between a pretty small gap between him and the curb. He's a t**t for not using indicators though. Surely he didnt stop in the middle of the road waiting to pull into his drive........... you must have gone past him pretty quick looking at the pics....

Even though I agree with the OP in this situation (it being the Audi's drivers fault) you just know the Audi driver will say he indicated in his incident report to his insurance. Without witnesses it'll be near impossible to prove he hasn't indicated so I'd expect this to go 50/50.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I can't help feel that they will award this 50:50... There were errors on both drivers counts in my eyes.

They will tell you off for (in the laws eyes) undercutting him - and he will be punished for going into the central reservation..

Though if you want to go for it that picture to me is a good way of saying he was behind me then started to overtake me on the reservation and then cut in too quickly and hit the side of my car ;) ;) ;)

a burnt one
Assumption is the mother of all f**kups.....defiantly true in driving ;)

Simon

So true, i once squeezed hard and i assumed i farted, i had actually sh*t myself.

It could be that the guy did indicate and his rear indicator bulb was kaput, was there witnesses heading in the opposite direction that can confirm if his front indicators were going?

ibiza cupra
i got a look at the damage myself today as its ended up in the bodyshop i work at in tamworth. have to say mate im not sure it will go again to be honest but that will only be down to the price of parts mainly.
new seat
new airbag module and reset by renault
new n/s wheel
possible suspension damage on n/s
referb on both o/s wheels
new bumper
new door
new wing
new side skirt
repair on sill
repair on r1/4 panel
plus labour, materials and paint.
im not saying that this is definatly what is going to happen as im no estimator but if i was estimating this job this is what i would do to it.
sorry mate.

ibiza cupra
its a real shame mate. i had a look round it with a few of the lads and we were all saying what a lovely looking car it is. then i realised that the damage looked the same as in the pics you have put up and then noticed the cliosport.net sticker in the window. where abouts in brum you from mate?

Clio 182 RB
i want it wrote-off to be honest mate..had nothink but trouble with it
3 gearboxes
new cat
be smashed up before insurance cost £4.3k
3xback window smashed
dented door
wheel bearings

Its ethier im unlucky or it a bad car!!!

cheers kev for the info...keep me updated mate

From kitts green(Stechford) if you no the area

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
IMO it sounds like her moved completely in to the central bit, making it look like he was turning right. Although without proof that he didn't indicate I'm not sure how this will end up.