ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some Euro GoPro Footage in my M3

E92 M3
I have finally getting round to sorting some of the GoPro footage of my euro trip back in June! I made these videos mainly for family and friends however I thought I would share this here in case anyone was thinking about doing a similar trip (do it, it's awesome!!)

With this being the first time I have used my GoPro for any length of time I learnt the hard way just how rubbish the battery life is when recording, so I tried to keep the recording down to the 'famous' roads everyone knows.

The Videos below are of the FurkaPass and part of the Grimsel in Switzerland. I did do the tri (Furka ,grimsel and susten pass) however like I said I was let down by the poor battery life on the GoPro. The other video I have posted is the Route 500 in the black forest in Germany.

Personally I think the Furkapass is a little bit overrated compared to other roads in the area. Don't get me wrong it's still an awesome piece of road, and for some reason the fact you're driving a Swiss Alp somehow adds to the atmosphere. However a large part of it is single track road so you are never 100% sure you're not going to be meet with a car coming the other way. To be honest I did a lot of exploring within a 100 mile radius of the Furkapass (mainly due to road closures because of landslides) and there is a lot better roads than the Furkapass that don't have any mention on the internet. So my advice to anyone doing a similar trip is do some exploring don't plan your trip fully as some of the scenery can surprise you! (Note: remember to set quality to 1080p otherwise the quality of these videos aren't great!)

[youtube]4UEBZW381RI[/youtube]

[youtube]zLvv8WWI5-A[/youtube]

[youtube]aZBPYr8abhQ[/youtube]

Again we did a lot of exploring of the black forest but tried to save the recording to the route 500. (If you go to the black forest you must do the 3km tobogan in Todtnau, you control your own brakes so it's so much fun trying to be brave and not brake the whole way down) However unfortunately there was a German thunder storm about 20 mins before arriving at the 500 so the road was very wet on the recording, however I wanted to post this as it was a very nice piece of road, like most roads in Germany the tarmac is so smooth and a lot of the corner are banked so the road feels really smooth and sweeping. This road was so good I went back the next day when it was dry but left the GoPro in the hotel room so didn't get any footage.

[youtube]79pyOnzZK-I[/youtube]

One thing to watch with this road is the speed camera at the end, which at the time i didn't know about as can be seen by this clip here!!

[youtube]cXg0jT9-WX4[/youtube]

I have a couple of other general driving around videos on my channel that you are more than welcome to have a look at and will add more once I finish sorting through the rest of the footage.

E92 M3
Very close!! I S**t when I just seen a pair of Audi headlights coming towards me! It’s hard to tell in the video but I brake really hard, if I didn’t I think he would have hit me because he was still overtaking the bikes!