ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some help / advice please

Renault Clio 1.5Dci
Hi all, I have a 54 plate diesel Clio and I just wanted to no if there was some way of lowering the height of my brake peddle as it sits way higher than my accelerator. I no this may seem pointless to some but I find it annoying sometimes having to lift my leg up and move it over to the brake (This also makes braking in emergency situations slower) I am very used to being able to heel tow from gas to brake peddle in other cars.

Any advice if this is something I can change or not would be lovely :)

(please no comments about my spelling or grammar I am very dyslexic and have done my best to correct all mistakes)

Renault Clio 1.5Dci
Why is it sitting higher in the first place? Ie: what's causing it?
I have no idea why it is sitting higher. It was like that when I got the car. not sure if its like that from stock or if something has caused it to go higher up

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 1.5Dci
Are you sure it's not the throttle sitting lower?
I'm pretty sure its not the throttle as if it was the same height as my brake my leg would be floating in the air the hole time lol. tbh im not sure what the factory heights of the peddles should be or if there is even such a thing, i have been unable to find something online that would tell me if they were ment to have a factory height.

Renault Clio 1.5Dci
I'm pretty sure its not the throttle as if it was the same height as my brake my leg would be floating in the air the hole time lol. tbh im not sure what the factory heights of the peddles should be or if there is even such a thing, i have been unable to find something online that would tell me if they were ment to have a factory height.
so after some looking at me peddles you may be right about the throttle being lower, I took some pictures of the difference I'll see if I can upload from my phone.

Renault Clio 1.5Dci
These are some pictures of the peddle differences when car was idling, might be the throttle is the one that's lower which is why I have to sit close. The one with my finger is showing how far down the throttle is compaired to the brake peddle.

Attachments

• IMAG1472.jpg
    IMAG1472.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG1473.jpg
    IMAG1473.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG1474.jpg
    IMAG1474.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 36
  Renault Clio 1.5Dci
Worn/stretched throttle cable?
I got it sorted now, losend of a bolt holding the throttle peddle in place pulled it up and it snapped in to place inline with my other peddles. It seems a lot more responsive now also, and I'm able to heel tow :) is there a way to mark a forum as done or answered or somtbing like that?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Glad it's sorted mate. Nah, no "fixed"/"marked" function. But people can always search for a similar issue!