ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some help needed please

BG 182
Basically was driving the car today to Newquay a long journey for me around 350 miles and the cars basically damaged it self on the way :/

my problem is I was driving along and when I went to brake heard a grinding noise which I thought was low brake pads as its only under braking at lower speeds but looks to be alot left on them about 30 miles later my serv and esp light has come up on the dash. So I pulled over turned car off n on and the light went out which was fine them came back on but this time so did engine light on the side :/ but now the serv and esp light has gone out and engine lights remained on

anyone have any ideas what this could be the car starts and drives fine just I have a 350 mile drive back weds

thanks chris

Megane dci 130
Sounds like a cracked abs ring or the cv boot clip has come off and is interfering with the speed signal.

BG 182
I did notice the cv boot clip is missing and leaking grease today when I had a quick look but didnt think it would cause problems like that

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I had this when the cv boot split and grease got on the abs sensor and it did the things you mentioned when braking. Get a new boot with grease clip etc and clean grease off sensor.

Should be a quick and cheap repair hopefully mate.

Same with my ABS when the ring came off and grease went everywhere.

I sprayed some Mr Muscle on the sensor and then wiped it clean and it worked for about 10 minutes before it got covered and stopped working again.

Just remember when the ABS light is on your brakes are split 50:50 so the rears will lock up before the fronts.