ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some help with polishing please

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
recently i tried to remove swirls from my car but i couldn't get the amount of correction i would like. At the moment i have Menzerna Power Finish and Final Finish and have a few different pads but used the orange Lake Country mostly.
I was thinking because im not getting the correction i would like, maybe get a polish with more cut in it? or better pads? Anyone got some ideas for me?
For the lot on here that use a machine polisher on there cars what polishes and pads are you using on the clips paint which works well?
I'm using the dodo DA polisher btw

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Hi. My Mk3 had some pretty nasty swirls too, despite being only 2008 model. The problem is that Renault top coat is very soft and is very prone to swirls. I had to get her detailed recently as shown in my thread below and the guys that did the work used the Menzerna Intensive which gives a 7/10 cut. I think that might help you better. They used a Kestrel DA polisher to start using a green hexalogic pad but found they needed to use a rotary instead for the cutting compound. She was finished using a P40 finishing polish and then sealed with Jetseal 109. Top coat was 2 x hits of Dodo Juice Orange Crush. Have a look below for the results. Cant really see the swirls in the befores but trust me, it was pretty bad.

Hope this helps mate :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=506017

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Nice one for that mate, will have to look into some new products!
Btw wer did you get that FDM y0' sticker??

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
We got a bunch of them made up here by a sticker guy we know in Dublin. Cost a fiver each but it was worth it hehe. Any decent sticker maker could do it really.