ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some help would be nice on noise....

clio 1.4RT
Hi all

The noise is a type of metalic squeel from the front whilst going round corners, it is in time with the wheels turning. Also i get a knocking from the front whilst accelerating hard for example motorway slip roads.

Thing is i carnt work out what is making thwe noise`s.

Help please its driving me mad!

clio 1.4RT
well ive been out and took near side wheel off to find, that if i put a littlebit of pressure i can move the gator off the cv joint and when i looked at the wheel i saw old grease baked in break dust so it must of been bafd for a while. Garage down the road is gonna try pack it with grease and re strap it together.. fingers crossed however to me it looks like its been like that for some time.

Question...... can you renew the outer gator and gubbins or if it is buggard do i need a full new drive shaft?

cheers

clio 1.4RT
well i found the problem. the grease hadcome out of the cv gaitor. even though it looked like it was on, a little pressure and i could puch it bak to expose the bare joint. i repacked the bearing and atched the boot back on...hay presto no more squeel.

Although now a have another problem with some knocking/thuping when i accelerate hard. seems to be felt through the steering wheel and foot rest.... any thoughts????

Italian 3.2 V6
knocking under hard accel could b one of the Driveshafts mate? It's Commen problem iirc..?