ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some mad offers on Steam at the minute....

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It's a great game - it really is. Some of the scenery and the 'openess' of it all is pretty staggering. But this small issue, which could easily be rectified in a patch is just ruining it for me. I wouldn't mind if their was a random timer element to it - hold off the current wave of attackers and then get anything from 10-60 seconds to get the hell out of there. But it's the constant, never-ending waves of reinforcements that are just crazy. Very quickly you're out of ammo and you simply don't have the time (or ability) to pickup the dropped ammo before getting strafed again and again. This issue is almost a deal breaker between me and this game.

D.

Sounds exactly like GTA4 tbf

Giulietta 940
Just Cause 2 is just causing me to be pissed off at the minute! I seemingly can't complete or even half-attempt a mission without incurring the wrath of half an air force. Coupled with the fact that the helos are stupidly accurate and ALWAYS fire, there's simply no way out of there other than fleeing.

I really don't hope I end up switching this game off for good, like I did with Red Faction 2 due to the exact same reasons. Trigger a response from the armed forces at this level and you're fcuked. Or you just play chicken. Which is alright every now and then, but when it becomes the mission staple method of play, it rapidly becomes tedious.

Shame.

D.

I just completed a mission at some military base, and I had like heat 4 or 5. I had 6 choppers after me... I jumped from one to another, landed them all on the beach, only for the ground units to catch up with me. Only way I got away was by stealing a fighter jet... It got pretty ridiculous. Tbh, if you're not in a mission, its better to just run away/hide than try and take on the might of the Panauan army :rasp:

But anyway, I completed the game yesterday. That is, I did the main missions, and now I'm on mercenary mode doing all the smaller missions (on 28% atm) so I guess it will keep me entertained when I'm really bored. Oh, and a word of warning... Baby Panay will just NOT die!

Edit: if you have a chopper on you, just grapple onto it and hang from the underside and allow your health to build up again... the ground units are pretty useless when trying to shoot upwards I've found.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I just completed a mission at some military base, and I had like heat 4 or 5. I had 6 choppers after me... I jumped from one to another, landed them all on the beach, only for the ground units to catch up with me. Only way I got away was by stealing a fighter jet... It got pretty ridiculous. Tbh, if you're not in a mission, its better to just run away/hide than try and take on the might of the Panauan army :rasp:

But anyway, I completed the game yesterday. That is, I did the main missions, and now I'm on mercenary mode doing all the smaller missions (on 28% atm) so I guess it will keep me entertained when I'm really bored. Oh, and a word of warning... Baby Panay will just NOT die!

Edit: if you have a chopper on you, just grapple onto it and hang from the underside and allow your health to build up again... the ground units are pretty useless when trying to shoot upwards I've found.

I've found it to be the opposite m8. The amount of hits I receive while swinging underneath a helo can be deadly at times!

D.

Giulietta 940
I get the odd bullet that will hit me, but more often than not it is a good place to heal. The only soldiers, aside from ninjas and Baby Panay, with decent aim are those guarding the Colonels. Even the snipers take about 10 seconds to aim at you :rasp:

I've found choppers are invaluable when attacking bases, and I'm slowly getting the hang of them. However, Ido need to remember that a lot of the bases have SAM sites! As for flying planes I'm pretty useless with them, I really can't seem to use them. I end up flying upside down most of the time, and make myself dizzy :(

DCi
might as well bump this...

all the commando series for £2.99 and tropico is on for a fiver i think :D

also the crysis i bought on sale last week has finally started working woop

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
might as well bump this...

all the commando series for £2.99 and tropico is on for a fiver i think :D

also the crysis i bought on sale last week has finally started working woop

Is the Commandos series a Pixel-Perfect-Game? By that, click forward....you're not seen. Click forward a fraction more..... you're not seen. Click forward a teeny-tiny amount more..... oh look, I'm dead?

D.

Pretty much Darren, you can see the enemies view etc. VERY hard game if i remember, was years ago since i played them though.

DCi
Is the Commandos series a Pixel-Perfect-Game? By that, click forward....you're not seen. Click forward a fraction more..... you're not seen. Click forward a teeny-tiny amount more..... oh look, I'm dead?

D.
if you wish to play it like that i'm sure you could but ive never noticed that really

i look at it like - right 3 enemies nearby - a can see b and c so i need to get him first - then who is the best to do it - wait for the moment and strike!

the key is to learn the keyboard shortcuts so you can do it with the best timing possible.

it's really old, i think i bought it for nostalgia more than anything haha, done 2 levels though

in other news i just noticed if you pre-order dirt 3, you get dirt 2 for free (26.99) i didn't know that if anyones interested.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just got that Darkstar One for £2.49, which seemed to do ok in the reviews?

I'm always on the lookout for games that miss the mainstream - the ones that sell about 8 copies and then vanish, almost never to be heard of again. Over the years (long years!) I've come across many. From Millenium 2.2, arguably Wasteland (and it's ultra-rare follow-up Fountain of Dreams - check this link out - lol - http://cgi.ebay.com/Fountain-Dreams...8730?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19c4d30f3a ), the original System Shock and to a lesser extent, Titan Quest, to name but a few.

Who knows, this might be one that fits this category? :)

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
  Giulietta 940
Far Cry 2 is brilliant, when you're actually shooting stuff, otherwise its one big safari. Still worth buying though.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Far Cry 2 sucked mega ****, for one massive reason

Enemies that respawned way too quickly. I didn't even bother finishing it

Much preferred the original game to the follow up. Pretty much in the same way with Crysis too.

They kickstart an idea - run with it and create something truly memorable and then drop the ball on the sequel.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Brothers in Arms today. Weird game but I remember it being ok. 6.74 for all of them if anyone is interested.

I played and completed all of those BiA games - I thought they were great.

Looks like Tom Clancy's stuff is offer at the minute. Tbf, only the HAWX stuff really interests me. I've never yet played a Splinter Cell game, though I did like the Rainbow Six games.

D.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
What a piece of s**t Hawx 2 is... won't actually let me slow down when I'm landing.. great design!

Shame there are no refunds on Steam, I may as well have set fire to the money

Last edited:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Err

Lesson to be learned kids. Unplug your joystick when you're playing with the 360 controller, on the off chance that the joystick is set to 100% throttle and the game is somehow managing to use both of them to control the game..

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
That's wrong. Any self-respecting PC owner requires DDR3 in their lives.... ;)

D.

I don't think DiRT3 cares whether I have DDR2 or 3 :p

My motherboard doesn't take DDR3 anyway. No desire to replace it (or my Q6600) whilst it's all still running the latest console ports just fine

A red missile
The MMO I play a lot was down for a few days while they shifted servers to the states so I went looking for a shooter to kill some time with, ended up buying Bulletstorm.

Fun little shoot em up I'm quite addicted to now, you can go solo or 4 player co-op, I've linked to steam and it's £30 there but I got it from EA for £19.99.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The MMO I play a lot was down for a few days while they shifted servers to the states so I went looking for a shooter to kill some time with, ended up buying Bulletstorm.

Fun little shoot em up I'm quite addicted to now, you can go solo or 4 player co-op, I've linked to steam and it's £30 there but I got it from EA for £19.99.

I really liked BulletStorm - even if it was a little easy ultimately. The other thing that puts me off replaying it is the scripted locations of the enemies. If they had an AI Director like in L4D2 where the enemies randomly appear each time you play - and in accordance to how well/bad you're doing - then BulletStorm would be superb.

What MMO do you normally go on?

D.

Thinking of playing Tropico. Fancy a city building type game coz I'm bored lol.
Anyone played this, which one is the one to go for, bearing in mind I've never played any of them lol?
Thinking of getting Tropico 3.