ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some of my photography! any one else done any similar dark grungy looking shots?

padgefinishd.jpg

jamescorsaallpics.jpg

these are of my friends cars, i have none of yet of my clio! just after some inspiring pics!

Ultra Red 197
Don't like the Corsa one imo... not enough light showing the car up.

Fiesta one looks good..

Locations everything for dark shots.. Pointless taking dark shots anywhere. I always look for the darkest corners whihc are heavily run down but enough spacer to get far enough back to use a telephoto lense instead of the Macro all the time.
4 Artificial Lights work well, one in each corner of the car, quite far back so not in shot.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
good first attempt chap......

could of picked a better mag to base it on though, although you have improved on there truly awful current design... there designers should be sacked.

imo you have far to much negative space on that, you really want to give some impact on a cover and intrigue people into looking at it, picking it up, the best way to do this is to shoot a car from higher up and get it at a front 3/4 angle so you can see bonnet - roof and then front bumper all the way down the side.

hope that helps for next time

A silver Honda
^^Just a little bit biased? lol :p

Doing pics for a mags would be my ideal job! One day maybe, i'm still learning the art...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
^^Just a little bit biased?

maybe, but trying not to be biased and viewing it purely from a design perspective max power has seemed to have gone a weird way design wise, the giant leading Cap on the start of each feature is terrible, this would be good if it were used well but its just not appropriate

i will admit they have some nice cars in the mag sometimes but sometimes even some of the photos are questionable

A silver Honda
I actually agree with you there. I read both occasionally and sometimes the Max pics look very processed. Prefer the design now to what it was a few years ago though.

To the original poster - I like some of the shots, quite cool. Just I little too dark in places.

Last edited: