ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some ones crashed in to my car ? Help.

TTRS & V50
They wont just repair that section of the car.

It will go 2 ways,

1) They repair all of it and his insurance pays
2) They repair all of it, give his insurance company a bill and give your insurance company a bill for the repair.

Two separate incidents !

Insurance will repair what's to do with them, NSF.

My insurance won't get any bill because i'm not involving them. They have no need to be involved.

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs
If I were you I would still report him to the police regardless of him being a neighbour.

Its a criminal offence for him not to report an accident within 24 hours, and if you dont tell the police and something goes wrong with the claim, your going to be out of pocket.

Dont let these idiots who damage your pride and joy get away with it.

Similar thing has just happened to a friend of mine, Subaru crashed into him outside my house, and drove off before even getting chance to get a number plate. Police wont do anything as we dont have a full number plate.

He comes past the house a lot so he will get whats coming to him in the long run!

TT 225+
top floor, with a sniper, kill anybody with a damaged car. (I'd better not drive past in that case!)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to see that. Proper tw*t of a thing to drive off. I think most people would be fairly understanding if you explained due to the snow but they must have dragged along side of you.

200 Gordini
No way! What a shitter.

Hope it all gets sorted with no hassle. Dont tell the police it was the TT man but make sure you rinse him/his insurance for the fact he wasnt going to tell you in the first place.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I cant believe you wouldnt want to report him? Why not, becaise hes a neighbour and you have respect for him, just like he dus his neoghbour who he drove into and rhen drove away?

TTRS & V50
But then what happens if i report him and then i go through his insurance. And i get my car fixed. And then he simply keys every panel on my clio. Full respray ? No evidence ? f**k that.

Its not like its some rudeboy, but i don't know the chap, could be any sort of c**t.

Its booked in thursday to go on the four poster up the road to see whats bent.

No need to report him. What are the Police going to do? It's not been 24hours yet. He could say he was on his way later on.

Getting arsey with a neighbour isn't going to gain anything at all. Some people are so petty.

Do as fudgey said. I had mine colour coded when some bint caused my crash. They quoted me, when I went to pick it up and pay he said not worry about it :approve:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
No need to report him. What are the Police going to do? It's not been 24hours yet. He could say he was on his way later on.

Getting arsey with a neighbour isn't going to gain anything at all. Some people are so petty.

Do as fudgey said. I had mine colour coded when some bint caused my crash. They quoted me, when I went to pick it up and pay he said not worry about it :approve:

So true. That's just going to cause anger and resentment in the future over the most trivial of things.

He is wrong to have simply driven off - that would have got me seriously pissed. However, it's of little surprise in this day and age where most people are terrified that a scrape can soon escalate into £thousands and additional claims for whiplash, divorce settlements, vets bills, house setting on fire, etc being chucked into the pot as well.

Too little integrity, these days.

D.

Civic Si
If i'm reading this correctly, and there is a chance im not, but the actual accident happened on the 5th Jan?

If thats the case, if this guy does mess you around in getting your car repaired then i'd be extremely surprised if your insurance company wil do anything with this if you did call them. Most insurance companies have something in your policy to say you must notify them of an accident within 48 hours of it happening else they aren't interested.

the fact you didn't know who did it is irrelevant as you should still have reported it.

either way, i hope you get it all sorted mate :)

TTRS & V50

You mean the bodyshop CC'd for free ? I don't get it.

Yeah i agree, i don't wanna get like that. But he actually lives there, im only a student living here, will only be here another 6 months, if it happened in 6 months time, but as it happens i park right outside his house, so i don't want to risk my car sitting there for another 6 months, for one day him to come out his house and 'teach me a lesson'. I would be gutted.

So true. That's just going to cause anger and resentment in the future over the most trivial of things.

He is wrong to have simply driven off - that would have got me seriously pissed. However, it's of little surprise in this day and age where most people are terrified that a scrape can soon escalate into £thousands and additional claims for whiplash, divorce settlements, vets bills, house setting on fire, etc being chucked into the pot as well.

Too little integrity, these days.

D.

Well he didn't drive off because it was caused on his was home one night. And to be fair he couldn't exactly tell me cause you can't leave a note on a snowy window. And he doesn't know where i live, only a brief idea. Thats what i keep telling myself anyway.

If i'm reading this correctly, and there is a chance im not, but the actual accident happened on the 5th Jan?

If thats the case, if this guy does mess you around in getting your car repaired then i'd be extremely surprised if your insurance company wil do anything with this if you did call them. Most insurance companies have something in your policy to say you must notify them of an accident within 48 hours of it happening else they aren't interested.

the fact you didn't know who did it is irrelevant as you should still have reported it.

either way, i hope you get it all sorted mate :)

Well i noticed it on the morning of 5th Jan. Saying that it could have happened anytime from the 2nd to that date as i didn't use/check my car.

Insurance notified, need to ring back weather i will chase the claim up or cancel it.

I hope it gets sorted too.

TTRS & V50
whatever i put, you'll do the oposite anyways... this is cs... just go with the flow =]

Yeah a lot of people are like that. Im not, i started this thread, genuinely asking for advice.

I will take everything you say onboard, for sure.

TTRS & V50
Just an update, took it to the garage and nothing seems to be bent, just noticing that my inner tyres and track rod ends are worn teh f**k. Will replace soon, but nothing connecting to incident. So thanks for Porchester Garage for that.

Taking to Nottingham Alignment Services (http://www.alignment-services.co.uk/) on monday as my tracking is quite a bit out.

So fingers crossed its just that, will get my camber reduced too as it must be on -2 and is killing my tyres.

So fingers crossed its just that.