ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some pics from the Lakes

Rally bus
Went to Cumbria via Wrynose/Hardknott, took a couple of pics....

csw11.jpg

csw12.jpg

csw13.jpg

csw14.jpg

csw15.jpg

nice pics, was up that way last yr, great scenery, good drivin roads too:D . black n whites remind me of nissan advert on tv lol. good pics tho

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yes Cumbria does have its perks :approve:

Great pics dude. Must venture there myself for a session one day :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
thinking about heading up there when i get my new camera, its not far really, my ex lives like 5 mins away lucky get

M135i
great pics there mate. i love valley section between hardknott and wrynose! twisties galore!! :) then stop off at the woolpack (i think thats what its called) for a drinky afterwards :)

172 cup
^^^ i love that bit as well i try to drive it as often as possible!
Excellent pics here, and ive been checking out some of your others, superb! What camera are you using and do u use a tripod at all? Heres a few of wast water from a different perspective!
Down where your car was parked!
Picture120.jpg

Looking the same way as you where towards Great Gable
Picture112.jpg

Rally bus
Excellent pics here, and ive been checking out some of your others, superb! What camera are you using and do u use a tripod at all?

Cracking pics there! I don't think I'd be hanging over the top of the screes taking pics though!

My pics were with a Nikon D200, I didn't use a tripod for them.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I remember going climbing in the lakes in my first car (957cc fiesta) driving up the hardknott or wynrose pass on a particularly steep section my two mates were behind pushing and i was revving the b****cks off it in first and slipping the clutch like a goodun and it only just made it up and that is NO JOKE!!

172 cup
Excellent pics here, and ive been checking out some of your others, superb! What camera are you using and do u use a tripod at all?

Cracking pics there! I don't think I'd be hanging over the top of the screes taking pics though!

My pics were with a Nikon D200, I didn't use a tripod for them.

Ha there was one over hanging ledge that i snook out onto, and there was a drop that must have been 400 foot, i rather cautiously retreated!!!!

All of those rally pics of yours are just superb! Are you a photographer by trade then or just hobby?

Rally bus
Thanks, the rally photography is a hobby but I've had a quite a lot of pics published in Motorsports News etc and I do press stuff for a few crews. I'm doing more competing than photographing now though, I did an event a couple of weeks ago around Newby Bridge area which was pretty good :)

172 cup
Thanks, the rally photography is a hobby but I've had a quite a lot of pics published in Motorsports News etc and I do press stuff for a few crews. I'm doing more competing than photographing now though, I did an event a couple of weeks ago around Newby Bridge area which was pretty good :)
Like a navigation type of event? I took a load of pics at the Malcolm Wilson rally on saturday but they are on my film camera, i hope they turn out good!

Rally bus
Like a navigation type of event? I took a load of pics at the Malcolm Wilson rally on saturday but they are on my film camera, i hope they turn out good!

yeah a road rally, driving round the lanes at night trying not to get lost while keeping to a target time. Great fun and cheap to enter :)

thanks LadySarah :eek:

172 cup

yeah a road rally, driving round the lanes at night trying not to get lost while keeping to a target time. Great fun and cheap to enter :)

thanks LadySarah :eek:

Great stuff, i have a mate from Shap who used to do these in his 16 valver and 205 gti. Where do you find out about these kind of events?

Rally bus
Great stuff, i have a mate from Shap who used to do these in his 16 valver and 205 gti. Where do you find out about these kind of events?

www.britishrally.co.uk (on the forum) or your local car club - there are a few in Cumbria, KLMC, Eden Valley, West Cumbria etc. There is an event this weekend based at Garstang in North Lancs if you are interested.

172 cup
pretty busy this weekend pal! But im interested in coming and having a go! Hope there arent so many really tight bends involved, 306 rallye is about as manouverable as a supertanker! and the handbrake is pretty awful lol i bet the clio is a really good car for these events on the little back roads?

Clio 182
great roads - agreed!

you're alright on the passes you mentioned, i'm scared of cumbria ever since my 3 points for 78mph on the motorway (not a joke) - so now I never drive above 70 on the M6 from Lancaster onwards, which is a shame :(

I'm always biking up that way, so I take my saab instead - Got to go without the bike and with the clio next time i think!

S2 106 GTI
pretty busy this weekend pal! But im interested in coming and having a go! Hope there arent so many really tight bends involved, 306 rallye is about as manouverable as a supertanker! and the handbrake is pretty awful lol i bet the clio is a really good car for these events on the little back roads?

co-driver matey!!!! haha

S2 106 GTI
great roads - agreed!

you're alright on the passes you mentioned, i'm scared of cumbria ever since my 3 points for 78mph on the motorway (not a joke) - so now I never drive above 70 on the M6 from Lancaster onwards, which is a shame :(

I'm always biking up that way, so I take my saab instead - Got to go without the bike and with the clio next time i think!

tell me about it mate!!! i've got 6 points for speeding on motorway!! nearly got an instant ban! :eek: i was coming back from jockland in my phase1 megane coupe 2.0i 16v slightly tweeked up and put my foot down..... got up to around 120-125 just let my foot off the 'go-go pedal' to slow down abit and there it was parked up on the overhead bridge police speed van!! :mad: got a letter through the door next day saying i was doing a speed of 97mph! 100mph is an instant ban!!!! said they can settle it in court but just took the 3 points and fine! :( so now i try not to speed! :eek:

172 cup
^^^ ha ha i told you to look out for vans parked on bridges ha ha!

Briny 182 your a biker and your thinking of coming here with out your bike???!!!??? Are you going round the bend? ha ha

Rally bus

A friend of mine has just built a 306 Rallye for road rallying, his seems to be pretty good on the corners. Although I've used my Clio on events I used a prepped Astra now, it's safer with cage/sumpguard etc and also not as expensive if I damage it!