ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some pictures of the new Renault Sport Clio....

Nissan 350Z
I do apologise if these have been posted before :rasp:

Anyway, if not here you go!

Renault%20Sport%20Clio%2085.1.jpg

Renault%20Sport%20Clio%2085.2.jpg

Renault%20Sport%20Clio%2085.3.jpg

Renault%20Sport%20Clio%2085.4.jpg

Renault%20Sport%20Clio%2085.5.jpg

Renault%20Sport%20Clio%2085.6.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Looks good ! Can't wait to see other colours , everybodies got a silver car .At last some decent looking wheels too .

MrBillyUK!

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B
im srue thats not an actual picture, something about the headlight makes me think 3d stdio max, near as dammit tho.

This I like very much! Its got the air of visual menace they injected into the Williams and 16v that, dare I say it, they never managed in the 172 / 182.

Bet it goes like stink too.

None
Looks ok apart from the headlights and missing spoiler. Headlights need to look a bit meaner like.. (que dodgy photosop)

Attachments

• Renault Sport Clio 85.3.jpg
    Renault Sport Clio 85.3.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 88
  A Euro'd one...
I want one! Anybody know when they're out and how much? I'm seriously considering getting rid of my Dynamique for one of these bad boys.

182BG
Looks ok, but to be honest, unless it hugely out performs the mk2 i wont be getting one.
And i think it looks way to similar to most new cars coming out (Peugeot 207)

So im not convinced yet......

Williams025 said:
Its got the air of visual menace they injected into the Williams and 16v that, dare I say it, they never managed in the 172 / 182..

I disagree - I think this looks far softer than the 172/182. I've always thought the 172, especially the mk1, have a bit of an evil look about them from the front. Not as menacing as the Williams/16v granted.

The new model looks as soft as a wet fart IMO.

MKIII 138
but is it a better car ?? looks arent everything are you saying a MKI or MKII clio look anywhere near sporty other than a few front bumper differences and a slight increase in arches (plus tiny spoiler and different wheels)
comparing to other hatches i.e 147GTA, ford focus RS, Leon-R or T (prefer the T myself) etc..

the new one doesnt look too bad imo a bit more adult and if it has more space inside a bit better driving posistion and a much improved interior over the MKII and MKI`s awful cheap plastics and rattly sharp edged fittings then it will be a cooler car for that and a better one for showing off in when you take girls out in them or your mates.
its safer too which is a boon. the MKII in my eyes is dominated by the boyracer scene now.
time to recieve the new model and at an increased price and hopefully grp 17 insurance keep it out of the wrong hands for a few years, its the only way the MKII sport ever looked different because there were so many standard models around and hardly any Rsport versions on the streets.

((still dont see many cups around my way))

Clio172cup, Capri 3.9 V8
Not bad, but I'll stick with 172 cup until the new civic type R comes out or they do a massive discount on the megane trophy.

Mint Clio Valver!
ye, not as angry as the valver or williams. massiv improvement on 172 and 182 though. no offence mk 2 and 3 owners (well mayb a little)

MKIII 138
Lushman said:
Not bad, but I'll stick with 172 cup until the new civic type R comes out or they do a massive discount on the megane trophy.

yea but as always.. the price. running costs i.e mpg will be better on new cliosport for deffo, insurance should be lower than a 230/240hp civic i.e grp 19 no doubt, road tax, servicing etc.. and the price of buying after six months out and off the internet will be usually 3k cheaper on a car thats cheaper to start with so 13k for a new 200hp clio with all the latest stuff and safety should make it a difficult desicion go for the lastest blingy mobile i.e a Focus ST, new type-r or new leon cupra etc.. or get almost exact pace or at least an exellent handling clio for a total inc 1 yrs of running costs around £5,000 cheaper

so the new clio is going to have to go through the whole compared to performance hatchback sector posts again with price on the clio`s side and ultimate performance on the heavier cars side

I'm not saying it's not going to be a good car - I was only voicing my opinion on the looks! It'll be on my list of potential next cars (along with the Focus ST and Megane Cup) when I eventually come to change, despite the looks...

I'll be sticking with my 172 for a couple more years anyway so there'll be plenty of reviews of it before I even consider changing cars :)