ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some random questions on a Track toy

ford fiesta 2004
Hello All,
hopefully I will be a very happy man on Tuesday and will be the owner of a 182 track toy. the current owner has done a great job and the spec is almost what I would want for a road legal track car.

I'm trying to work out budget for a couple of bits I would like however I have some questions that I know you guys can answer.

The car is stripped however it is currently missing a roll cage and harnesses, I will certainly be ordering the ebay cage from Alan but wanted to see how you guys painted it. I was looking to do this myself but wanted to get your opinions. I have painted strut braces before using hammerite smooth with some really good results, is this good enough for the cage? ideally id like to have it powder coated however saving on the pennies is always good.

Secondly I would need some 4 point harnesses with the Jet fighter style buckle, any recommendations don't want to spend a fortune.
Regarding the eyelet bolts am I right in saying that I can use the current holes by the door using an m10 size bolt? then on the other side is it the hole by the handbrake? what size hole is it.

Car has the ds2500 pads which I hear are great however can potentially fade on track days, the plan would be to sort out the fog lights with the ebay brake cooling kit however will the ds2500 still be able to keep up? ideally I would like the ds1.11.

I think that's all of the questions I had for now. sure more will come when I actually have the car in my hands :).

cheers
Dan

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
If it's going to be a full on track car doing the longer/harder stints, the DS1.11 front pads will be a better choice for you. I have those amongst other brake parts on the shelf. Brake ducting is worthwhile, cheap and effective

I run TRS harnesses, I think a new brand is Turn One which I believe are made by TRS. Buy from a reputable supplier as there was some fake/dodgy copies of harnesses on fleabay not that long ago, last thing you want to be running

ford fiesta 2004
the idea is to use the car on track days however it will be road legal so it can be driven to the track.
my thoughts exactly on the ds1.11, i dont want to have to come in after 15 mins. currently has R888r so would be a shame for brakes to let it down.

will certainly be buying harnesses from a proper supplier, far to much tat on ebay

whats the average cost of powder coating?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Get the brake kit into the fog light holes and see how the ds2500 get on. Getting air into the calipers helps enormously. There are cheaper alternatives to the eBay kit.