ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some Toys

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I know this isnt going to be welcomed on this forum, As the general consensus on here is less weight the better but here we go. The first few pieces of my install.

A Pioneer AVH5900DVD, SPL Dynamics S1200S, And some wiring.

Still to order are the SPL Dynamics 2 channel amp, Some terminals And Some Diamond Componants.

Fitted most the wiring today, But it got dark and getting the power cable into the engine bay was pissing me off so i stopped :)

anyway.

DSC01836.gif

DSC01831.gif

DSC01835.gif

DSC01835.gif

DSC01832.gif

DSC01833.gif

DSC01834.gif

:)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Will do :)

I'm used to the erm, "Constructive Criticism" from my last Clio. Have t oadmit though, They are right.

ive never been a fan of spl but fair play for going ahead,whats the setup gonna be?ie,decided hows its gonna look?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Jsut 2 12s with 600wrms to them, And 100wrms to some Diamond Componants in the doors.

Nowt special.

Just out of curiosity, Why arent you a fan?

Was always a Alpine fanboy, But did some research and these seem to be a very reputable manufacturer.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Few more toys arrived today :) Maibly the S200S 2 Channel amp :)

So I started to do some installing, Ran all the cables and drilled into the firewall to bring my power wire through. Mounted the fuse on the battery guard, Which i think looks quite cool.

Wired up my Distribution block, Need to buy a bit more earth wire.

The sub box isn't ideal, But I am unable to make my own and it only Cost me £19! Its 1.0 cuft which is near enough smack on for my desired subs if moiunted arse out. Mounted inwards I think I'm a little small but it can't be helped. The in phase sticker wont be there by the time I've trimmed it :)

Hoping to trim it in Grey Alcantara, The amps will be sunk in, No wood work has started yet.

I've also bought some Diamond 1515 Componants second hand so i am awaiting them.

Also need a terminal for my battery as I kinda messed it up ;)

The pics of the sides are a little random, But im thinking of boxing these off and running a 7" monitor in each side, Pointless I know, But I would like to experiement further with AV, And 7" screens dont cost the earth so why not :)

DSC01837.gif

DSC01838.gif

Notice change of location, To the cold messy workshop :(

DSC01839.gif

DSC01840.gif

DSC01842.gif

DSC01841.gif

DSC01843.gif

DSC01844.gif

DSC01846.gif

DSC01847.gif

DSC01848.gif

Meet Big Bertha, Required for drilling my firewall to run the power cable into the engine bay:

DSC01849.gif

Fuse:
DSC01852.gif

:)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I also took out a f**k off metal bar thatwas hindering boot space, Didnt run this in my old clio, But if its needed I'll put it back :)

1998 Renault Clio RN
Ive just fitted my amp and sub. Came across the problem of feeding the power cable through to the engine bay. Does the firewall have to be drilled? Or is there another way? I have my going through the wheel arch at the moment. Sounds crazy but if it works, it works =]

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Did a bit of installing today, Went and bought a new drill, Jigsaw, staple gun and a router :D Only went out for some wood.

Anyway, I decided to assemble the false floor/amp rack out of the car, So took it to the work shop to wire up.

Still got to mount the Crossovers for the Diamonds and build the amp covers then its trimming time :)

DSC01855.gif

DSC01856.gif

DSC01857.gif

DSC01859.gif

DSC01860.gif

DSC01861.gif

DSC01862.gif

DSC01863.gif

Just finished working on it at 11:30pm, Now got a nice Madras and Mushroom pilau rice to eat ;)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Got Most of it wired in now, But I am not happy with it, So I've bought a few new things, Iwas having power supply issues, And There was rattling, 2 Bulkpacks of Second Skin, An Optima Yellow Top and 0 gauge (b*****d to fit!)

Anyway, Still to do:

Things Still To Do:

Run 0 Gauge
Fit Optima Yellow Top
Fit Battery Terminals
Finish The Big Three
Fit And Wire Up Tweeters
Sound Deaden Drivers Door
Wire Drivers Door Speaker
Set Amps Up

Things Still To buy:

AudioControl Epicentre
Volt Metre

This cheap install is going to cost me best part of £2k now :(

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
The actual Audio didn't cost me too much, Its the wiring and the sound deadening and power upgrades that have wacked the price up! Stuff i didnt intend buying!