ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some tw@t just smashed into me and drove off...

Black Dynamique
Fortunately the only damage is the rear reg plate light,
the lights still there just hanging on a wire, but looks like the bracket or whatever it is that holds it in has gone.
So anybody know where I can get one of these?
Thanks.

Black Dynamique
no mate, i'll get one posted soon as i can,
basically the light is hanging under the car and wont go back where it's supposed to be,
so im assuming theres supposed to be some sort of housing/bracket for it to clip into?
anyone with any info?
cheers.

ibiza cupra
i think the rear no` plate light hosing goes into the top of the rear bumper but the accual wire come from underneath so it sounds like the wire has come loos from the housing or the housing id foowkd and you need a new one.
should be able to get one from a renault breakers or renault them selves.

Black Dynamique
yeah, i think the housing will be on the road where the fu(ker crashed into me!
i'll get some pics tomorrow hopefully as its kinda hard to explain properly lol

M2 Competition
Id check the boot floor mate. Open the boot, remove the spare wheel etc and look for any creases/ discolourations etc.

Similar 5 mph incident in me and a mates car (seperate occasions) and both ended up with creased boot floors around teh spare wheel well.

No external damage to mine at all bar number plate light smashing.

ibiza cupra
^^ +1 this is true mate. clios are known for the boot floor to crease under very little force.

Black Dynamique
No, i was waiting to go straight on at a roundabout when he smashed into me,
i looked in the rear view mirror and he waved as if to apologise, there wasnt really anywhere decent to pull over so i pointed left and he nodded, so i indicated left and turned at the roundabout to find somewhere reasonable to pull over and saw him shoot off straight over the roundabout and that was it.
it was one of those not much time to think moments.... Massively pissed off!

www.renparts.co.uk
if you're after that light bit you should give cliospares a ring on 01302 867985
josh should know which part you're after :)

Black Dynamique
i tried to follow but too much traffic had gone before i could turn round and go back,
just rung the police n doesnt look like they'll be able to do anything, which was expected really :(

Black Dynamique
EDIT: Police just rung me back and they're gona put out a press release to see if there were any witnesses... better than nothing.
Not getting my hopes up though lol.

If the force was big enough to break the number plate light I'd check the back panel and boot floor as said, and look at the bumper closely for the paint cracking.

Black Dynamique
yeah im gona have to check tomorrow morning, and give it a clean cos its filthy! lol
fingers crossed!

Black Dynamique
LATEST UPDATE:
Checked my boot floor and there is a pretty nasty crease on the left hand side :(
The full boot wall has also been pushed right in to the extent that it was a struggle to get to my spare wheel...
Police have put a press realease out in the local paper today, but like i said i'm not getting my hopes up for anything.

I'm gonna leave work a bit early today and park my car somewhere near the roundabout and have a walk down to see if i can see the w@nker that did it.

I've taken a few pics and will get them uploaded as soon as i can.

Black Dynamique
Jees this took a while, bin havin major computer problems, but here are the pictures of the damage... FINALLY!

SDC10031.gif

SDC10035.gif

SDC10036.gif

SDC10034.gif

SDC10033.gif

Managed to tidy it up a bit with a lump hammer lol, and bought a new light fitting from renault.
Also had to pay for a mechanic to sort out the wiring in the boot, as the smash crushed a few cables and messed up all my lights...
All in all, a massive pain in the arse!

Bumder With A Buffer
ah some people are c**ts

The worst I find are the ones who seem to think its good to drive in the middle of the road, on a B road, around a blind corner meaning I have to ditch my car into a field to get out of the way! Happened on the way home! :( f**king numpties!

Luckily not even a scrape on the Monaco :)