ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone able to give my shopping list a once over?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hi,

Ive been umming and arring about buying a random orbital polisher for ages. Ive finally decided to take the plunge. Would you mind giving my list a once over and if you think money could be spent better please suggest alternative products?

I already have a snow foamer so just ordering more snow foam before anyone notices lol. I also have plenty of microfibre clothes.

Thanks,

Russ

I4DOrderList.gif

Audi TT 3.2 V6
^ lol Stealth edit. Just read your reply on the email. Was just about to say 6" pads and plate are included with the polisher.

You may want to get a couple more rolls of 3M tape. It's amazing how quickly you get through it, and you dont really want to be ordering just a roll of tape in a month or so :)

I was about to suggest the same Dan.

Russ, good list. Quick point. I don't like SFX pads, as I feel for the money there are better (lakeland county).

Also what polishes are you going for?

Jamie

Golf GTD Mk7
I'm with you Jamie, LC pads are much better. Would recommend menzerna polish for the clio. Found my paint to be quite hard even when cutting.

Wouldn't bother with the snow foam though mate. Not really worth it to be honest (controversial i know). Needs to be a very calm day to use it. Just high pressure hose the car first to remove any contaminents.

Very controversial, Jonny ;)

In all honesty, the snow foam is only of use if your is highly waxed and water all beads off. Thus the dust doesn't stick and the snow foam/power hose gets it all off with not a lot of need for scrubbing :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I tried the new Menz pads over the weekend. Only final finish right enough but seemed good. The compounding 3M pads (green) are the best i've used for correction.
List looks ok tho.

Ordered my lakeland ones ages ago, still like them but going to try the 3m for porsche detail coming up in a couple of weeks.

Golf GTD Mk7
Very controversial, Jonny ;)

In all honesty, the snow foam is only of use if your is highly waxed and water all beads off. Thus the dust doesn't stick and the snow foam/power hose gets it all off with not a lot of need for scrubbing :)

;) See what you mean, but my experience with it wasn't great. I'm sure it does something :rolleyes: ;) Just wonder sometimes whether detailing goes one step to fare with stuff like this.

Ordered my lakeland ones ages ago, still like them but going to try the 3m for porsche detail coming up in a couple of weeks.

Let me know what you think of 3m pads Jamie, thinking about getting some. Good luck with the porche paint. I've heard it's 'sticky' stuff.

It does Jonny, frequently fella. That's why I always ask people on here what they are trying to achieve. Other wise I could come out with a list as long as a part of me ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

lol! Good luck. Sticky Paint!!! Apparently the Gloss it stuff is best for porka's!? So Clark was sayin.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
I was about to suggest the same Dan.

Russ, good list. Quick point. I don't like SFX pads, as I feel for the money there are better (lakeland county).

Also what polishes are you going for?

Jamie

Yeah that doesn't surprise me.

Lol. Ive already got a snow foamer so i may as well carry on using it. It helps loosen the flys of the front and brake dust if nothing else. Although its not all its cracked up to be i must admit.

I was going to just use the Sonus polishes that come with the kit for now. The reason for the choice in pads was trying to keep the cost down as thats whats included with the sonus/kestral pack. With the total cost already reaching £200 im not relaly that keen to start adding extra 6inch pads. Ill have a play later and see what sort of price comes up when i order a kestral on its own and seperate pads.

What polishes would you recomend?