ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone good with clio electrics

Subaru imp & leggy
After some help from the community. My 2003 172 won't start. All of a sudden, literally never had issue before. Is turning over but will not fire.

I know the battery is good and there is fuel, also not immobiliser as I have 1 Key that will not disarm the immobiliser and 1 that will.

A friend with some knowledge looked at it and thinks
There is no12v feed to the spark plugs/ coil pack when cranking. He thinks the Orange wire should have 12v feed but doesn't. He checked the earths and seem ok.
Will turn over but not fire.

If anyone can help me im near Bracknell Rg42 3TJ. Obviously happy to pay for your time and fuel.
Would love to get out on track again but currently going nowhere!
07713 127474
Phil

cp1991

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 197
have you tried cleaning the crankshaft sensor, quite a common problem for not starting and just cranking over.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I can come and have a look, but you really need / want a spare coil pack and leads, spark plugs to check against yours. I don’t have mine anymore unfortunately…..unsure if anyone local can lend theirs?

Otherwise you could be fault chasing all kinds of stuff.

Subaru imp & leggy
Thank you guys for speedy replies! Much appreciated got a few things to check now.
Another member has offered to come and have a look on thursday evening so will keep this updated.
@CUB thank you for the offer to take a look too! I guess if no one local has a coil pack and leads local it might be worth keeping eye on the forum ahead of eBay?

Subaru imp & leggy
Thank you all. Will keep you updated. Have had an offer of some help from a local guy which is an absolute god send as pretty inept!