ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

someone help me please quick lol

Golf TDI
ok now ...please i dont want people sayin dont do it and it will look s**t ! lol i just need help ok ! basically im wiring neons into my footwells and i dont want my ciggarete lighter so in place iv got the button for the neons ! its all wired up and it just aint coming on ! i think it has something to do with a blue wire ?? i dont kno wa that is for ?? n e one theres a blackish one , yellow one and blue ! iv got the blue connected to nothing

LY 182
take a pic of the wires.
they normaly come with a plug but if you follow it back to the actual power pack for them its only 2 wires a live and an earth.

Golf TDI
well i cut off the adaptor for the cig lighter ! leaving 3 wires but for the button there is only 2 wires

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
Just a suggestion but the blue wire could/probably is a remote wire, try wiring the blue in with the positive and the lights will probably work. Picture of the wire would help. Also check there is voltage going to the lights, you may have blown a fuse when wiring them in, or a relay. Also you may need to up rate the fuse to take the neons, although i think it would be fine.

Renault clio 182 cup 2004
Hey mate, you will have a 12v feed and a earth. the other wire is for the light in the lighter. you need to tape that wire up and discard. you more than likely have blown the fuse when fitting the lights in the footwells. Also remember your light won't work with the ignition off as the lighter is ignition feed. hope this helps.
James.

Golf TDI
they are in :) basically i was putting the earth in to the live or some s**t i dunno ?? my dad sorted it lol he is an electrician ...but i blew the fuse when i fiddled with it ! lucky theirs a spair !