ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Something to replace a dying D50.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Ideally something a bit smaller to make it easier to use for holiday/business use.

I'm totally out of touch with cameras now so i have no idea whats hot or not!

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
IMO the D50 was the best budget DSLR Nikon ever made!

As the D50 is already quite small, are you looking for a fixed or an interchangeable lens set up?

D50 = Legendary. That there are so many still going strong proves just that.

How small is 'small', out of interest? If you want to change systems the Olympus Four Thirds kit is pretty compact. If you can live without a DSLR there are some incredible compact cameras about with APS-C size sensors, I'm seriously considering a Fuji X100 for everything but motorsport photography, the size means I could take it everywhere.

Are you OK with a fixed 35mm lens & £900+ price tag though?

Yup, I love the creativity required of a prime and having something that capable in my pocket all the time just blows my mind. Considering how much I use my iPhone for pics when out and about as I can't be bothered to carry my D90 about I think it will be perfect. As another plus, it's bound to have Apple-like residuals so isn't too much of a risky purchase.