ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

somethings squeaking

BMW M135i & E46 M3
hi, i have a mk1 1.4 and if i pull away using a bit more clutch than usual or if i drop the clutch when changing gear i get a small squeak coming from somewhere. this is progressively getting worse over time.
does anybody know what this could be?
cheers
Liam

Clio Mk1
i get that mate, was told it was either an exhaust bracket loose and squeaking or an engine mount, as the car jerks a bit when i drop the clutch. get underneath an give your pipes a wobble see if anything squeaks.

Do you get when you press on and off the gas (when in gear) as the car jerks forward? - i do lol

BMW M135i & E46 M3
no not as such, it kinda sounds like its a belt slipping under pressure. but dont have a clue what it could be. its the same sound as you get when a fan belt is slipping.
any of the techy guys have any ideas?

what do you mean by gear it up? is a clutch cable easy to replace?

Grease it up I meant.

Chnagine the clutch ins't to bad a job 1 hour tops more likly 40 mis or so.

Use only a proper renault clutch cable if yor going to replace it there only cheap £15 or so.

ok cheers, anywhere i can get a cable other than renault?

Yes but don't IMo get a Renault ofical or nothing there some realy usless aftermarket bits out there be safe and spend the extra few quid on a part designed and tested fit for purpose IMO.