ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sometimes wont start?

Impreza WRX
Hey guys, nearly every time i start my car, the lights in the dash always light up, bot it doesnt even attempt at starting, takes me about 4 or 5 times to get it going. Engine doesnt even try to start, but when it does it fires up fine.

Recently had the colipack changed (noticed the car tends to 'miss' now and again), do you think it could be the plugs? im led to belive though that if i have faulty plugs the engine will at least try to turn over?

Battery in fob? (long shot maybe)

Cheers Guys, Paul

its most likely the TDC/crank sensor which needs replacing or cleaning. Apparently the standard ones are s**t and Renault now sell an improved (blue) one or you can just clean the end of it with some WD-40 and it should probably be fine.
Do a search for it on here as there's a guide and it should only take half hour tops.

Deja vu 182
If the car won t crank intermitently it ll be the female spade terminal on the starter solenoid has a poor connection . (car will still turn over if poor connection on crank sensor just won t fire , but from what you ve described it doesn t crank )

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
Yep, had the same problem my self.. The car even tried to cut out when going above 4k. Replaced the TDC sensor and all is fine again :approve:

DCi 100
Mine won't start sometimes, but will after touching the wires going into the crank sensor. Annoying being in a random car park popping the bonnet to mess with it to start.

EML and STOP light are up aswell, if there your lights?

It's not a 172 mind.

Revels Mum & Sister
I had/have this problem.

Got to the point last week where it died and would not start if you bent the TDC sensor plug slightly it would start and then stall if you let go. Ordered one from Ebay. As a temo fix I took the sensor off, cleaned it and then chopped the plastic casing back a bit soldered some wire onto the pins and then spliced into the original wiring (As you need to chop this when you fit a new one)

It has got me back up and running for now anyway.

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
I dont mind forking out little cash on a TDC sensor, knowing that its good for another 40k! but having to buy the new loom aswell which worked out to be more expensive than the sensor :mad: :cry: