ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sonax BSD Pics

Not a 320d
Work have given me a new ipod so i thought it try some pics.

Focus is BSD over AG SRP but it would look this shiny anyways and the Red is my dads not washed since August which is contaminated to s**t and had BSD applied yesterday with some rain on it this morning. BSD SRP works really well!

image3_zps93520d96.jpg

image2_zpsc7c95778.jpg

image1_zpsb6e1afc0.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Do you think it really adds all that much protection though?

Granted the water behaviour is extreme and outperforms even the best LSP's but but does it really add much more. Polymer net shield on the other hand has kept my car cleaner than any other LSP I've used, but it's another cr@p feeling product to use

Not a 320d
Protection to me is water beading (even on lower panels) or sheeting that way washing and drying is much easier. It defo keeps the car cleaner. As much as any other LSP ive used.... Over a nano sealant the tight uniform beading (like you get with a fresh application of wax) will last about 3 months (washing either every week or two weeks with BTBM) though I do like to apply after every wash.

Where it comes into its own is the whole detailing spray side of it. I like wiping down with QD after a wash. Sure youll agree that even after a wash there can be marks left on the paint. Perhaps rain or run marks. So I like having a detailing spray to wipe the paint down after and get it looking pristine. Application is un necessary after every wash but certainly no harm in doing it.

As you say a b**ch to apply and feels s**t. But I need to do things quickly and this product is a live saver, been applying it for over a year now and have it down to a T. One of my closes friend loves it but still swears by waxing as he enjoys it.

Works for me.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Sonax products dont leave you with a very slick finish but the performance of there stuff is brilliant

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Decided to take a punt on some of this the other night after seeing @Danith's post above. Excited to give it a try, some other people I trust on detailing seem to rate it too so we shall see! Can't complain at £8 for 750ml.

Got a different bottle with a better sprayer to put it in too, should get it distributed more evenly than the standard sprayer to avoid any streakiness, there's no hiding anything with black paintwork :rolleyes:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, I meant what other spray bottle did you get to put the Sonax in?
One of Autobrite's with their chemical resistant trigger, but there are plenty of similar ones about, I just have some of these lying around.

I have a few of them for various products that I either buy in bulk or dilute. Great bottles, and great for this because you can alter the spray pattern with the nose from jet to mist.

Is that £8 delivered?
Not delivered no, was £10.28 delivered from CarParts4Less (Euro Car Parts), still a mega bargain especially for 750ml.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
It's a decent product but a little grabby when applying, always had 2 cloths for application.

1 for the initial wipe over and then then a second as a final wipe down.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Decided to take a punt on some of this the other night after seeing @Danith's post above. Excited to give it a try, some other people I trust on detailing seem to rate it too so we shall see! Can't complain at £8 for 750ml.

Got a different bottle with a better sprayer to put it in too, should get it distributed more evenly than the standard sprayer to avoid any streakiness, there's no hiding anything with black paintwork :rolleyes:

I tried that sateen stuff you mentioned yesterday, it's miles better than endurance gel.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
It's a decent product but a little grabby when applying, always had 2 cloths for application.

1 for the initial wipe over and then then a second as a final wipe down.
I’ve heard that, apparently because it doesn’t contain silicone like some other products, but that also works in its favour for durability.

I’ve always used two cloths for application and buffing anyway so hopefully should be alright! I think like most products it’s using them in the right way isn’t it!
I tried that sateen stuff you mentioned yesterday, it's miles better than endurance gel.
Awesome isn’t it! So easy to work with, and no sling.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Buy 2 on ECP and that takes you over the £15 threshold for free delivery.

2 bottles delivered free for £15.98. 👌🏼

Best deal I've got so far is 6.76 delivered from carparts4less!

I've mixed it with chemical guys V7 and put it in a 1 liter double action sprayer, a Kwazar Mercury Pro 360.

Works upside down and because of the mix with V7 it sprays better and feels less grabby when wiping off.

Clio 172 Cup
The sonax is bar far the best detailer I have ever used. Not as glossy as some I have used but so workable and gives a great finish for the money

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I actually purchased some of this stuff after seeing this thread. Haven’t had a chance to use it yet as wanting the car properly detailed before I whack it on. Will post pics

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Always mix it with a slick qd. Even a cheap one otherwise I don't see how the positives outweigh the negatives.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Tried it out today on the newly acquired daily. Not worth showing pics of the result, will wait until I’ve used it on the 182 for that.

I used it though an Autobrite Trigger bottle for more of a mist on the panel, proper 500gsm buffing towel to apply and another to buff.

Wasn’t bad to apply, of course more grabby than a true QD, but if you view this as a sealant/quick wax which is what it is it’s absolutely fine. But used with the AB Trigger Bottle and buffing towels it was a joy IMO.

Looks nice and glossy, hard to say because I’ve never cleaned this car before, so we’ll see on the 182. Few beads from the light rain earlier look mega.

All in all, I rate it 👍

M2 / Golf GTI
How would you guys rate this compared to megs last touch? My 5L bottle is coming to an end and not sure if I should replace with the same.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Been a while since I've used last touch but that's more a slick quick detailer that smells great. Could use it as a clay lube as well.

BSD is quite a thick fluid and rather grabby when wiped off. Does give brilliant beading for a spray on product.

Both great products but not sure they're interchangeable.

M2 / Golf GTI
I've always used last touch as drying agent and minimal beading. I'll get some ordered up and give it a go! I presume it's a bit more durable by the sound of it?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I've always used last touch as drying agent and minimal beading. I'll get some ordered up and give it a go! I presume it's a bit more durable by the sound of it?
This is more like a spray sealant rather than a QD as mentioned above.

Great to use after a wash for some easy protection. Watched some good videos about it on YouTube, testing its durability etc and it’s absolutely mega for a spray on product. I enjoyed using it, happy with the results so I’ll continue to use it.

I think the name of this product is what causes a lot of the confusion around it really!

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Lads. If you’re finding it a bit of a pain and grabby, apply it to a wet car (after you’ve shampooed and rinsed)
Then dry as normal. Works just as well, lasts just as long, and acts as a bit of a drying aid too.

I’d definitely recommended (as above) different bottles to spray it, as the Sonax one is very wasteful. I use Autosmart ones.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Auto finnesse aqua coat gives fantastic results and lasts ages piss easy to do spray on when wet pressure wash off fully and dry, great shiny just waxed look smooth finish that repels water better than anything else I have ever used.

M2 / Golf GTI
Ordered some of this after all your glowing reviews! I hope it's as good as you say. Hoping to use it as a top up for collinite.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Let's just get to the point. It's good. It's needs mixed 50/50 with something slick to get the best from it. Otherwise it's no better than C2V3 for example because of the drawbacks in application.

But at £7 a bottle from ecp. Mix that fucker and crack on.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My best one until recently was bouncers done and dusted but I could t recommend infinity wax rapid detailer more. It's brilliant essentially you're you're adding protection to your QD or making your BSD easy to use.

Or even find a cheaper QD like serious performance etc. Experiments are half the fun.

Dave on here first mixed chemical guys v7. He discovered how to get the best from bsd.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've mixed BSD with Chemical Guys V7 as well, 50/50 and 30/70 and both work well.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
BSD itself is quite thick and it feels a bit grabby when wiping off. Mixing it makes it easier to spray/mist and wipe off. Also makes the paintwork feel a bit smoother.

I guess it means less durability but I've never really tested that, just reapply after the weekly wash.