ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sony 32"bravia v series tv anyone got one

kdl-v32a12u_right_im2.jpg

Revels Mum & Sister
There are far better screens out there for the same or less money than the Sonys dude!

its a samsung panel ;)

i can get the 32 for 1100 and 40 for 1400

the samsung doesnt look very nice imho but what model samsung should i be looking at?

Racin Blue 182
Saw the 40" Sony in Currys the other day - looks pretty smart but think the picture on the Panasonic pv 500 is better IMHO.

Racin Blue 182
McBunny said:
trouble is with the panasonic is its a slow panel the sonys aRE 8 M/S the panasonic are about 14ms

Is that still true of a plasma? I know LCD's suffer this but wasn't aware it was as bad on plasma? You certainly don't get the 'smear effect' anyway.....

jay said:
got the panasonic 42pv500, OMG it's proper bo I tell thee! :D

Well my pv500 impressed me with the live faithless dvd the other day (all the quick flashing lights and that) I couldn't keep up with it :eek:

172 Cup
McBunny said:
trouble is with the panasonic is its a slow panel the sonys aRE 8 M/S the panasonic are about 14ms

A differance of 6ms hardly constitutes the Panny being a "slow" panel. Afterall 14ms is an extremely good response time. Alot of large LCD's are 25ms and anything below 16ms is considered excellent.

If you've viewed various screens CORRECTLY calibrated you will not see any differance between a 16ms screen and a 4ms screen. Ofcourse as marketing bullshit it's an excellent advantage.

well like i said the new sony panels are samsung but are the new 7th gen ones so the ones that will apear in the new samsung screens

plasma is out of the question due to screen burn as it would be used with a pc alot of the time

Racin Blue 182
McBunny said:
well like i said the new sony panels are samsung but are the new 7th gen ones so the ones that will apear in the new samsung screens

plasma is out of the question due to screen burn as it would be used with a pc alot of the time

Yeah, that's fair comment, its the only thing that makes me hesitate on getting a PV 500. I play alot of games etc and worry about the screen burn issue - although they are apparently alot better than they used to be....