ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony CDX F7700

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

I need to stick with Sony cause I have the changer and remote stick, just need to update the head unit as the one in it is about 8 years old. It knocks out a whopping 22W x 4!!!! :p. Otherwise I would probably change to Alpine as they have some nice looking head units.

Eh up. I got one. It sounds great and looks good two, only two gripes with it:

1. Not all the functions are available from the HU, you have to use the IR remote. These being the set up menu and the disp / PTY button amongst other stuff. No day to day stuff though unless you use PTY or want use the Loud function (cos for some daft reason its in the setup menu).

2. The silver trim they come with looks sh*te in the dash, its ott and matches neither the cars trim nor the facia. I just went and got a black trim at fitted that. WIth the black trim it looks the dogs and also when the facia is off looks a lot more inconspicuous.

All in all though its great and easy to use. I upgraded from a CDX-MP40 and wanted to retain the dash display and stalk controls so similar to you I guess.

BTW - go to MCS Direct for it unless you spot a bargain - 212.00 all in, delivered in 2 days.

PS Notice your pic that the buttons are red and the trim is black. Mine has blue buttons and had a silver trim...not sure if the spec changed.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Think the Blue one is the next model up 7750 not to sure.

Whats MCS Direct address??

I have used them twice on both occasions the kit (my F7700 and following that a pair of Pioneer tweeters) were delivered very swiftly. I order the HU at 11pm on a Friday night and had it delivered Wednesday (which Id count as two days cos they wouldnt have the order til Monday). The speakers were ordered at 3pm on a Wednesday and came Friday lunchtime.

Cant argue with that IMO.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Would just need someone to fit it then, couldnt really go down to the local radio shop and ask them to fit it :D