ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony Ice

Sony 6x9s (and most of their other products) arent very good unfortunately. If you could let us know roughly how much you are looking to spend we could recommend somethi-ng for you.

PS - if you are planning on buying a sub at some point then dont buy a set of 6x9s. I wont go into the reasons on that though as it would take ages.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

www.evilice.co.uk

the 6x9s and sub will make each other sound awful - but im not going to go into all the ins and outs of it, i dont have enough time

(well, the 6x9s will make the sub sound awful, you cant make 6x9s sound any worse)

IMHO spend more on your front components and amp and get a much cleaner crisper sound,

for a sub/amp what sort of music do you listen to and do you like your bass punchy or really deep???

well i like eminem dre so rap mainly.would it be an idea to scrap my 6x9 and connect some tweaters or something to the rear speaker cables what u reaccon

nope

treble must sound like its coming from the front of the car, best image would be for it to sound like its coming from the centre of the dash

all you need for a decent system is

head unit

front components

sub

1 (or 2) amp to power them

and maybe even an EQ to set the sound up properly

IMHO you should never have any speakers other than a sub in the rear of the car

cheers well i got some 6x9 should i take them out cos they are under the parcal shelf and cant hear them thet well anyway.i got a phase 3 clio 1.4 rt what components do u recomed cos i can put them in straight away in replacement for the old ones cant i

the mk1 phase 3 clio used 13cm components,

in this range there are thousands of options available, my best advice would be go to your local ICE dealer with various part numbers and ask if you can have a listen to them

if was to advise you on any components, it would have to be the Genesis A13.01, i installed these into my saxo and they sounded awesome, i even have the genesis A16.01 sitting in my garage waiting to be installed into my doors, thats how highly i rate them

you could also contact both liquid ice, and evil ice who are both regular users of this forum, they both offer very good discounts on various kit

as for a sub, i have an 8.5LF Boston Acoustics, mainly because i listen to every possible genre of music with the exception of Garage/Rap and RnB, you may want to use a 10" or a 12" sub going by what music you listen to, IMO 15" is too much for a car the size of a clio

you will obviously need an amp (or 2) to run the system, for the components you will want a small stereo amp and depending on the sub, a mono-block amp or a d-class amp will be sufficient

unless you are going for supreme sound quality and constantly fiddling about with all the settings, an EQ would be a waste of money

on the topic of stereo amp - i have a genesis profile 2 amp for sale at £120, retails at £200 and still has 10months warranty on it (unopened - was part of a major plan i had, which went tits up), i have one of these in my system at the moment running the front comps and can safely say that it was the best £20 i have spent on my car

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

:eek: Detail overload- nice ad bam

So to sum up

A decent pair of 13cm components £100-£???
A good head unit £200-£????
A sub amp £100-£???
A sub £50-£???????
Amp fitting kit £30-100
My System consists of

13cm compos from alpine (£100-very cheap)
Alpine head unit which cost £650 new
and my subs cost £130 each and my amps cost £200 and £400 each
my rear speakers cost £45
wiring cost a bomb

tbh tom, im ot thinking of going down the 6" subs route with the amp

seems no-one wants a quality stereo amp anymore

but in short as tom has listed above

my theory is unless it is rockford fosgate, the more you spend the better quality you usually get from kit

Sonys not too well received then. Why didnt I join this website before I bought the sub and the amp. ANy suggestions on a kick arse system that dosent cost sill money will be greatley received.

one thing with 6x9s, apart from the fact they are distorted by the sub.

the vibrations from the sub makes the cone of the 6x9 vibrate, which produces a really loud buzzing on certain notes...it just sound poor

350z & 16v Maxi

bambam i would be very tempted to go for your Genesis and put a pair of 8" momo subs in my doors however dont have the cash at the mo.

I have a Genesis Stereo ST60 amp, which is similar to the Profile series, although a little bit more powerful, and its frankly stunning for powering a set of components. the olny small amp better is my Mission Freeway (which had to be at £320 for a 2x50W RMS amp! Incidentally, its also handbuilt in England, spot a pattern there?! ;)). However, I dont think the Profile 2 would be quite powerful enough to run the Momo 8" subs, they would be better suited to about 100W RMS each to exploit their potential better.