ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony kd49x8305c

1.8 Civic EX
Afternoon

I'm looking at venturing into the world of 4k TV as my Samsung 40" is now over 5 years old, and the above has caught my eye.

Seems to be some mixed reviews online due to the Android OS but was wondering if anyone on here has any experience?

With the bank holiday fast approaching I'm hoping there might be some deals to be had.

Also open to alternative suggestions. Max TV size is 50" due to the size of the wall it will be mounted on and budget of £600ish. Its the main TV for the living room, mostly used with Sky+HD, Netflix and Xbox One.

Thanks peeps.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
From what I've read, Android TV is the same as Tizen... i.e. a slow piece of s**t :(

I was going to get a Sony last year (did actually order one) but due to delay after delay I had to cancel and get something else.

I'm sure it's a fine TV other than that, but you'd probably be better off using your Xbox for as much as you can, just as I do with my PlayStation.

1.8 Civic EX
I think I've decided there are just too many bad reviews for me to ignore, people saying it randomly switches off, sound issues, needs frequent rebooting etc.
Now looking at going for a middle of the range Samsung rather than the entry level Sony.

Listerine & Poledo
Sony stuff I cannot fault.
Just dont go for the Android-based stuff. It's unnecessary and just causes more issues, as you've found.
....ah

Except they dont do a non-Android 4K TV.

Yep, Samsung or other value brand it is :(

1.8 Civic EX
Going to take a look at the Samsung UE48JU6400 at the weekend. Seems to be highly rated and frequently recommended over on AVForums, seems the only downside to it is the shallow viewing angle, but as it's just me and the wife that's not an issue.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Some of the deals in Tesco today were absolutely cracking, maybe they're old models though?

I just bought a Panny 50 4K and it's outstanding so far, Firefox OS and unbelievable detail. I still need to calibrate it but I've messed with a couple of basics until I can lay my hands on a calibration disc.

1.8 Civic EX
Went with the 48" Samsung in the end. 499 in richer sounds. Very pleased with it, clarity, colours, contrast, detail etc is fantastic, even the up-scaled 1080 picture is great.

1.8 Civic EX
UE48JU6400 currently £499 in Richer Sounds
http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue48ju6400/sams-ue48ju6400

It's a 2015 model and in my opinion a great introduction to 4k on a budget. There are obviously much better TV's out there if you're willing to spend £800+ on a TV but that's an amount of money I simply can't justify spending on something that will effectively be out of date in 6 months time. I'll leave that to the high rollers :)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cool that's the one up from me I think. Only gutted I didn't get 4K now as they're talking about the PS4 Neo :(