ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sony psp info (help me please)

jzr

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I am looking at getting a psp off ebay. I see there r different type's like 1.5 2.0 2.1 what is this all about. Also some thing about dead pixel. i am after a white one r they better than the black or not. also people r saying tha jap once's r better than uk cus the screens r made by sharp:S

Focus ST-2
Very much doubt you'll get a white one which is v1.50 they will be v2.00, and if you upgrade to v2.50 you get a region free player for movies good move by Sony. And don't just buy one so you can play copied games.

Focus ST-2
fair enough mate , you can do what you want,do you think games get made for you to steal them?! would you go into a shop and steal a game?!

if you want a white one go to www.lik-sang.com

Last edited by a moderator:
  RenaultSport 182 gordini
hay i have herd there is a company bringing out a different back panel for the psp so you can fit a 4 gig hd in it and plug it in thought the memory stick ribbon

Well no

But do you think it costs them anywhere near £30 to make a game?

If the games were reasonably piced do you think people would find ways to copy the games?

RenaultSport 182 gordini
thats true but there a different angle to consider perhaps thay made it easy to copy games so you buy there consoles

Focus ST-2
Tonys said:
Well no

But do you think it costs them anywhere near £30 to make a game?

If the games were reasonably piced do you think people would find ways to copy the games?

to print the disk no, but what do you think it costs rockstar less than thirty buck to develop GTA???? some games run in to millions and millions to develop. (years to make, loads of man power, yep thats cheap) so i think that maybe justify's the price of them. Considering there is so many people getting a cut of the £30. if you don't like the price of the games don't buy the system.

RenaultSport 182 gordini
most of the games on the psp are ported over from the ps1 and 2 so i think the devlopment costs would be quite small and now a days most games use the same game engine all they do is recode it like you would a dvd for example but £30 pounds for a game is a tad expensive

Focus ST-2
mrbond said:
most of the games on the psp are ported over from the ps1 and 2 so i think the devlopment costs would be quite small and now a days most games use the same game engine all they do is recode it like you would a dvd for example but £30 pounds for a game is a tad expensive

thanks for information i didn't already know, glad you cleared that up for me!. Fair enough you guys think the games are to expensive but its still doesn't justify stealing does it?

jzr

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
well i have just paid for a white 2.01 firm thing ??? all new to me. my wife is going mad as i have a pc, ps2,xbox an now the psp. i did have the game cube but that was crap. Oh i do have my xbox chipped an only pay £2.50 for games an get a lot of them free of my ,mates

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
hey,

can we keep the talk of how to use pirate games and the like out of the thread please. It is against the rules and we all have to play by them.

ta

500bhp Scoob
Nice to see all my posted replies get deleted...

I wasnt talking about pirating games, I was talking about running other homebrew applications, such as the ones I spoke about, i.e Using your PSP to play mp3 streams, that are totally legal to listen to.

Christ if you really want to get picky, remove that newsgroup tutorial whilst your at it, as you can use newsgroups to access 'illegal content'

Can see why people get the f**king hump with their posts disappearing when in effect they've done sweet FA wrong.

Still, someone needs their daily power trip i guess

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Mole said:
Nice to see all my posted replies get deleted...

I wasnt talking about pirating games, I was talking about running other homebrew applications, such as the ones I spoke about, i.e Using your PSP to play mp3 streams, that are totally legal to listen to.

Christ if you really want to get picky, remove that newsgroup tutorial whilst your at it

sorry, but I have re-read your comments and you do indeed talk about playing games copied onto memory stick and also about how you can sort region codes for movies etc so seb was right to remove.

dk

911 GTS Cab
what i would be interested to here is how you go about copying your umd onto the memory stick though as that sounds like an interesting concept?

I have about 12 games and have not felt robbed paying £30 for any of them.

500bhp Scoob
Playing films from a different region isnt illegal at all, I know I said that people use the older versions to play 'copies' but I said I just use it to backup original games, so I dont have to carry around a UMD all day, and have it hogging the battery life.

I'm sure you can see my point Dave, seeing as your quite a PSP fan yourself, I'm sure you'll know how usefull they can be, and that them UMDs do suck that battery life quite a bit.

Reason I stated about the Newsgroup post is because its a very well known source of illegal content, and even explains what site to use to find an index of every single file thats pirated onto a newsgroup.

Edit:
There are many UMD 'Dumpers' that put the UMD contents onto your memory card.
I don't feel robbed at all, I've purchased all my games for my PSP also, but I like to use it as a media player aswell, as it means I can sit at work listening to a streaming radio station, without lugging my laptop about

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
you must also see that it wasn't just your posts that were removed, there were others also that also mentioned pirating, so it was a blanket removal, its a thin line between what you wrote and what other wrote.

It is very rare to get a homebrew user who doesn't exploit the software in an illegal way.

I personally have bought all of my games as I believe they were worth the money, its not like they are any more expensive that an xbox or ps2 game.

What will be daylight robbery is when the XBOX 360 games come out at £50 and over!

500bhp Scoob
I can see your point, but I believe that supporting the game developers is the only way we are going to get more games on said platform.

I was unaware of any other replies disappearing, as I didn't pay that closer attention, and I haven't been on the net all day.

You could say that there is a thin line with alot of things, e.g that newsgroup thread, some people will use it legally, and then you'll get some that will use it to access pirated software.

Not trying to pick that thread on purpose, its just the first one that i've seen, and people I know, and myself know that it is a good source to obtain illegal files (not that I obtain any from newsgroups, or any other source)