ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony remote stalk/display adapters - opinions please

Okay, I know this has been done to dead but I now know some of you have these fitted so Im asking which one you bought, how much, how easy you found em to fit and what you think of them.

What kind of information get displayed?
Do you have a seperate changer and do you get information off that?

Im thinking of buying the new Sony Mp3 changer only I think the ID3 tags wont get displayed (my HU doesnt support ID3) - anyone know anything about this?

Thanks for any information/advice...

Ad

MK2 FRS

I didnt get the one that uses the display as It wasnt available. However they are not too difficult to fit. The dash is a bit akward to remove, but after this its really straight forward. I found that soemtimes the unit froze after prolonged use( Found this usually on Long journeys.) This was cured by turning the unit on and off. Dont know whether this was my prticular lead or just the adaptor design. I used the autoleads one £55 from Renault. Hope this is of some use.

Ive just ordered one from Connects2.co.uk that works both the display and stalk. Is only available for sony with changer ports. Was £75. Will let you now how good it is once its installed

Great, keep me posted Thing - oh, seeing it required the changer port, does this allow you to use a changer too?

It plugs in between the changer and the head unit, but the changer still works. It also plugs into the 3.5mm jack used for sonys own stalk control Will let you know the exact specs when I get it. Should be here tommorrow

sorry for the delay in replying...actually had to do some work recently.

Connect2 adapters rock ...i now have a working stalk and display with my Sony headunit.

Its easy to fit. Comes with a little silver box and a wiring loom.

Basically you plug one end of the loom into the multichanger bus, the 3.5mm jack plug and the R.E.M cable (blue one) on the back of the sony headunit. You also connect the cable that comes down from the remote display. The you simply plug the other end of the loom into the silver box and put it all back in place.

If you also have a Multi changer this plugs directly into the silver box and works as normal.

I can confirm that all info is displayed including track names if you have this option on your sony stuff.

Hope this helps

Great news, thanks for that. Just wondering, do you know whether it will work with the new sony mp3 cd changer ? Guess I wont know unless i buy it.