ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony Vaio laptop won't boot

Clio 1970000000
Hi all

Got a Sony Vaio from a customer that won't boot. When pressing the power button it flashes green once and that's it. Tried it on mains only, and on battery only and it's the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
sounds to me like either the power button is sticking.

or a ram problem. try different ram in the board or if there is an extra stick in there take it out and use the onboard ram.

pc wont boot with broken ram.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
If you suspect ram just remove it all and see if it will at least boot to Bios or at least get a fault bleep. Didnt Sony used to use a light sequence for faults? I know toshiba loved using the lights for faults.

Clio 1970000000
Thanks guys

Will check to see if extra RAM is installed and post back. I did download the manual but it doesn't offer any tips if you can't boot at least to the BIOS screen.

Happy new year

Clio 1970000000
I took all the RAM out and the hard drive too but no change.

In case I wasn't clear when pressing the power button it does one slow flash (lights up green) and that's it. Can't think what's wrong with it and the internet isn't much help!!!!!

Never mind.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Have you tried booting it on mains power without the battery in too? Worth a shot, which model was it btw

edit: looks like you tried that. Whats the model no: anyhow?

Clio 1970000000
Laptop is shagged!!!!! Have tried all the suggesttions mentioned in the thread and a few others like leaving the battery out for a few hours to clear CMOS. No worries as it isn't mine and cutomer can return it.

Thanks all