ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sooo I bought a Resto project

172 cup
I couldn't resist , it's exactly like my old car so my plans are to restore it ready for FCS :) ...

I'll post all the pics starting the project tomorrow but here's what it is ......... Thoughts ?

IMG-20170331-WA0019.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Rare car. I was never a 'need to own' one type of guy, was more into fiestas etc.

But it's old, was of my era, love it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Funny thing is. That's a 93/94.

Older than some of the new members and probably more mature than some of the older members (I will include myself in the latter)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Funny thing is. That's a 93/94.

Older than some of the new members and probably more mature than some of the older members (I will include myself in the latter)
I wasn't born mate. Feel old now? :smile: My spitfire is 21 years older than me. Literally double my age.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I search monthly for a ph1. I want a red one: I'd settle for a blue chamade though

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Lovely, mate had identical one few years back, 1991 j plate in blue, totally stock one owner. It was lovely.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had a white ph2 chamade, a blue 3 door ph2, and when I met my Mrs she had a blue Ph1 5 door.
I think we covered all R19 bases??

They all broke down though. Lots.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Usually starter motor issues when they were hot lol ,,
And the bonnet vents leaking water on to the plugs, and the alternators frying, and the sunroof's leaking....
they were a properly shoddy car.
But f**k me were/are they cool!!
I'd have another tomorrow!

172 cup
And the bonnet vents leaking water on to the plugs, and the alternators frying, and the sunroof's leaking....
they were a properly shoddy car.
But f**k me were/are they cool!!
I'd have another tomorrow!
Ohhh the dreaded bonnet vent haha ,, who came up with that idea ? Lol ,, it's all good unless you want to drive it in the rain lol

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Oh that 19 is very nice. When I stated work one of the maintenance guys bought one brand new just like that. He only sold it a few years back now, how I wish I'd contacted him about it.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I know nothing about these. Could you post some details? Engine spec etc?