ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sorn and no tax?

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
I have the chance to pick up an alfa 145 2.0 for nothing, plan to stip it and use as track car.

its sorn with no tax. can i insure it and drive it to mechanic to get mot and then tax or do i need to get it picked up?

AK

M240i
i think your alright as long as your driving to get an MOT/tax dont quote me on that tho...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Find another one on autotrader, copy the plates,then drive it carefully without attracting attention home.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
No, its declared SORN. You need to trailor it around, must not be on public road at all regardless.

Oh and if towing, must be FULLY trailored.

Will DEFINITELY need tax AND insurance, if you have a pre-arranged appointment at an MOT Testing Station and you are driving it DIRECTLY there then you will be fine.

Was a 197
Insurance 1st as you need this for your Tax, MOT cuz you need your Insurance for your MOT, then tax cuz you the previous to do that. Might work differently with cars coming of SORN though???

182 FF
I have the chance to pick up an alfa 145 2.0 for nothing, plan to stip it and use as track car.

its sorn with no tax. can i insure it and drive it to mechanic to get mot and then tax or do i need to get it picked up?

Break it! drive it for a few miles and it'll fall to bits all by itself!! lol:rasp: