ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sorry... offsets....

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
OK I understand the concept of offsets, and I know the 182 Cup runs ET45 as standard.

What I've not been able to find out is if it's going to be a problem if I go to ET35 or ET 40. I'm looking for a set of 15" wheels for track use, probably running 195 width tyres in 55 or 50 profile. The main reason being just how much cheaper track tyres are in the smaller sizes.

If I go to ET35 with 195 profile tyres am I going to have issues with rubbing, especially if the car is lowered on a set of sportlines or cooksports later on?

Anything to worry about here, or just go out there and buy myself some wheels? :)

Cheers,
John

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Just buy them basically!
The offset works by the lower the number, the further the wheel sticks out; the measurement is from the mounting face to the centre of the wheel. So ET35 will stick out 10mm further over standard.

Would have thought on just springs you'll have no catching issues at all.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Great, thanks Joe.
I knew what the offset meant, just wasn't sure if I was going to end up fouling the arches.
I may go for coilovers later if I keep this car long term, but again it doesn't sound like I'll have an issue as long as I don't drop it too much.
Cheers,
John

Mine are 15" +35 with 195 rsr tyres, no issues
a3f5cc77572b920140e23993a5401514_zps174f8d1c.jpg

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
That's a 172 cup though, ET 35 on that is only a couple of mm difference from stock, would be 10mm on the 182 which is why I was a bit concerned. I've got my eye on a slightly unusual set in ET40, I'll post back if I get them.

Lovely looking car :)