ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sorted!

I had a couple of minor issues on my Ph2 172.

Anyway, there was an annoying buzz coming from the interior light location, which I was told was the climate control sensor. Anyway, I ordered a new one from Renault for around £23, fitted it this evening and voila... no more buzzing. All I had to do was pull off the cover where the light sits and then pull off the plastic surround, which holds the climate control fan. That was un-plugged and the new one re-connected.

The second problem I had was some kind of knocking/clicking noise coming from the drivers side door area. Now... when I had my VTS, these knocks/cracks/clicks where like normal but with the 172 being better built, I was determined to try and find out where this noise was coming from. With my VTS, it probably would have turned out to be a split plastic popper that holds the doorcard in, which may have fallen behind the doorcard but it wasn't going to be the case with the 172. Anyway... I've had this problem for a while now so I've been trying to see if anything's loose and hitting everything to see if it cracked but I could not for the life of me find anything wrong. As I was fitting the fan this evening, I drove to the petrol station where I had some shelter from the rain and also some light and decided to have a look above the footwell area where I came across a loose white plug. I drove around for a bit but it wasn't this as it wasn't hitting anything. Anyway, I tried to see where this white plug should be connected to and by accident, I pulled it, which made a knock and I was like... WHAAAT! I then repeated this knocking by pulling and pushing this white plug and wire and found the noise to be coming from behind the plastic panel where I control the brightness/darkness of the interior lights. I popped that out and found another loose but black plug and it was THAT hitting the metal plate that was causing the knocking!!! So I thought how I'd go about securing these two plugs to stop them from knocking. There was nothing to secure them to but I then got some cable ties and held them against the plastic air tube so they're kept away from the metal plate, which was causing the knocking before. Once I had done that, I drove around a bit trying to get it to knock and nothing... so job done! :D

I had to sort both things out tonight as I'm heading down to Plymouth tomorrow and having the buzz and knock for an eight hour round trip was not something I was looking forward to.

Anyway, does anybody know what these white and black plugs are for? It looks like they "should" go into the back of the panel where the interior light dimmer thing is so I'm thinking they're the traction control plugs or something (even though I haven't got it)?